You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vpilot error new version

mattia cherubin

mattia cherubin
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I just update Vpilot and I have the following problem 

"The active simulator was not found when Vpilot scanned your hard drive for available aircraft model. you will need to repair your simulator installation before using Vpilot with this simulator"

I use FSX.SE and i try to restore the installation via the option offered via steam, but the problem doesn't go away. All the settings are the same as per previous version.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Immagine.jpg

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Mattia, which simulator(s) is/are detected? You can tell by looking at the Model Matching settings.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

mattia cherubin
Posted
Posted

Hello Ross,

thank you for your reply.

Please see below what I see in model matching page:

22.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

That's very odd ... somehow you have FSX:SE installed and running, but vPilot can only find FSX installed. That means you have the registry keys and config files for FSX only, and not for FSX:SE.

Are you familiar with the registry editor? I would like to know which registry keys are present on your system. The ones vPilot looks for are as follows:

The install folder for FSX should be in one (or more) of these two locations:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

The key name will be one of these: "AppPath", "SetupPath", "install_path"

For FSX:SE, it should be in one (or more) of the following locations:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\DovetailGames\FSX
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition\10.0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DovetailGames\FSX
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\DovetailGames\FSX
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition\10.0

The key name will also be one of these: "AppPath", "SetupPath", "install_path"

If you are able to use the registry editor, please have a look at those registry locations and let me know the value of the installation path that you find for each of FSX and FSX:SE.

Based on what you find, I should be able to modify vPilot to handle your situation and not throw that error.

mattia cherubin
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Ross,

Here what I could find via registry editor, I hope is what your looking for I never used it

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0
The value AppPath is: D:\STEAM\steamapps\common\FSX\

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0  Not present
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0  not present

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\DovetailGames\FSX Not present 
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition\10.0

(inside there are no REG files that you mentioned) Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition (there is no 10.0 folder)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DovetailGames\FSX not present
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\DovetailGames\FSX 
The value Install_path is present: D:\STEAM\steamapps\common\FSX
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition\10.0 not present

Thank you

Edited by mattia cherubin

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Ok, that all looks normal. The next thing to check is your vPilotConfig.xml file. I'm thinking there might be some residual configuration there. Could you open up your vPilotConfig.xml file (it's in the same folder as the vPilot.exe, by default that's "%localappdata%\vPilot") and post a screenshot of the last section of the file which contains the ModelMatchingConfig section for each simulator? It should look similar to this:

image.png.c977e941f412d85d976bb8d2181a7425.png

mattia cherubin
Posted
Posted

Hello Ross,

Thank you for your help again. Please see below:

111.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Okay, looks like at some point in the past, vPilot had detected both FSX and FSX:SE, since there are entries for both in your config file. I'm going to make a code change that should prevent those old config file entries from causing problems. I'll have a new version ready shortly.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)

I just released version 2.5.2 which should correct the problem.

Edited by Ross Carlson

mattia cherubin
Posted
Posted

Problem solved thank you for your help!

William McLauchlan
Posted
Posted

I have just Installed Vpilot and getting the same error

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, William McLauchlan said:

I have just Installed Vpilot and getting the same error

William, please post a screenshot of the error, and a screenshot showing which version of vPilot you're running.

William McLauchlan
Posted
Posted

Ross, Thanks for getting back see attached PDF

Error.pdf

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

William, please open up the Advanced section under Model Matching settings, and see if the CRJ is listed under any of the folders shown there. Usually it'll be under "SimObjects\Airplanes".

William McLauchlan
Posted
Posted

Yes it is listed under Simobjects/Airplanes but says ) 0 Objects, 0 Identified

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

That means it found zero models in that folder. Did you delete the CRJ, or did your installation never come with it? Please let me know, because if some versions of P3D are not coming with the CRJ, I'll need to choose a different default default model.

Either way, you'll need to select a different default model. Detailed instructions can be found here.

William McLauchlan
Posted
Posted

I have no Idea if I ever had the CRJ I know once when I updated the Content in P3D V4 I lost some of the default aircraft like the Cessna.  I have tried tofollow the instructions but cannot wok out how o select a different default plane.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Where in the instructions are you getting stuck?

William McLauchlan
Posted
Posted

I cannot get it to select any of the other default planes

William McLauchlan
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross I have managed to get it to accept a 737-800 DHL

Many thanks for your help.

• 1 month later...
Marvin Groth
Posted
Posted

Good evening!

Since there is the new update (version 2.5.2.) I have several problems using vpilot.

Vpilot kicked me from the server because it says: DLH123 could not be displayed using default model C172. Then I checked my Modelmatching rule set etc. and everything was finde. I already know what the problem is:

Vpilot thinks I am using FSX. But I only have FSX SE installed.  in the older version there was a option to manually set the type of simulator under "Model Maching, Settings for simulator:". But now there isnt. In my case there just stands: Fsx. 

If I try to set a new Default Model, it says everytime: "The specified default model for Fsx was not found during the last scan of your installed models...". So I think Vpilot searches for FSX Models and not for FSX SE Models. I am unsing FLAI for AI Traffic and it worked well for me since this new version was installed. How can I fix that?

Screenshots attached :)

Thanks for any help!

vpilot1.PNG

vpilot2.PNG

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Change it to "Airbus A321" ... "A321" most likely doesn't exist as a valid model.

Note that vPilot will show you as using FSX if you have the registry keys for BOTH FSX and FSX:SE and both keys point to the same physical installation folder. That's a very common scenario. FSX:SE's installer sometimes creates both registry keys.

Marvin Groth
Posted
Posted

This is also not working... VPilot searches for the FSX directory and not for the FSX SE directory...

vpilot3.PNG

Marvin Groth
Posted
Posted

I have fixed it. I had a folder under "AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/ FSX". In this folder, there were a Sim Objects Folder etc.

So I just renamed the folder, and now VPilot selects my FSX SE Folder! 

Thanks 🙂

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Yes, that folder is where vPilot finds the cfg file. By renaming it, vPilot no longer detects that you have both FSX and FSX:SE installed.

Renaming it might cause problems in the future if you try to install an older add-on that is expecting to find the FSX cfg file, but you can cross that bridge if you come to it.

Marvin, I would like to try to update vPilot so that it detects your particular situation and handles it properly without the user having to manual rename folders. Could I ask you to help me with that? I would need you to post some screenshots of folder contents. Let me know if you're willing. Shouldn't take long.