You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

SimAware Bug

Mario Trunz

Mario Trunz
Posted
Posted

Hey,

I have no idea who to contact in regards to the VATSIM map powered by SimAware.

https://map.vatsim.net/

I found an interesting bug in which it won't record any Flight Data (Geographic coordinates as well as the Altitude & Speed graph) when the Aircraft flies from and to the same Airport, which was indicated in the filed Flight Plan. Everybody else's flight who flies between different airports works fine.

I have attached an example.

Capture.JPG

meteoNautics
We are a community that provides tools for Global Flight Simulation Operations
meteonautics.com

• 2 weeks later...
Maius Wong
Posted
Posted

Thanks Mario, I'll take a look.

Maius

Maius Wong
Webmaster
Minneapolis ARTCC
Developer simaware.ca / map.vatsim.net

• 1 month later...
Zac Kaplowitz
Posted
Posted

Hey Maius, I've also noticed that the areas of control zones aren't really accurate. For example, LON_W_CTR shows all of the LON area covered, including places like EGLL, when in reality it only covers the Bristol area and not London at all. Any way to add more detail there and separate the wider zones into the individual sectors? I'd be happy to help!

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

As far as I know they are aware of this. There's a project (in the background) running - don't ask me for its current status - that will collect all airspace-information into one centralized database for programs like Vatspy and also the VATSIM Map. At least that's what I remember from some conversations.

• 1 year later...
Ibrahim Sahil
Posted
Posted

Hello @Maius Wong,

I hope you are fine. I wanted to report a bug about Bangladeshi Airspace. Except Dhaka Control/ VGFR_CTR, no other position is seen online here, whereas in VATSPY I can see every position being online. Can you please have a look onto it if there is any problem regarding to it? Thanks a lot!

Kind Regards,
Ibrahim Sahil
ACCBGD3- Director Events and PR
Junior Mentor
[email protected] | www.bdvacc.net
1337577596_BGDvACClogo(2).png.47c35672867eb20e989db8191615310d.png

image.png.0a4bf5db490eca27d12247bf4795e21b.pngimage.png.da77c21aa1c89ab2d42504058bdd69c2.pngimage.png.7d2c0bd337943bc483fd05f299b0983c.png

• 1 year later...
MOHAMED ANAS SAYED
Posted
Posted

Hi @Maius Wong

I would like to report a minor bug on simaware with regards to ICAO code and airline name.

MWI is the ICAO code assigned to Malawi Airlines but unfortunately simaware tracks it as Malaysia Wings.

Hope you will be able to assist in this regard.

Your time and assistance are highly appreciated.

Safe flying