You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[Resolved] vPilot voice server connection fail

Tyler Chen Jiang

Tyler Chen Jiang
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello,

I've been having issues with vPilot connecting to the voice servers. I've been getting an error connecting to the voice server with the error message: Connection Failed (Forbidden -) 

I have run the application as an admin and fiddled with firewall settings to no avail. Does anyone know if it is something on my client side that may be blocking the connection? Is it likely that due to my account being new I can't connect even though I am able to connect to vatsim and fly?

Edited by Nestor Perez
Marked as resolved

Alejandro Cabeza Cepero 10
Posted
Posted

I am in the same situation as you. Though I have been inactive for a long time but I was able to log into my vatsim profile. I want to get back to online flying but I'm getting the same error on vPilot.

Let me know if you find any solutions.

Andre Bohni
Posted
Posted

Welcome on Vatsim.

Most of the users here are able do read, but a search is to much for them... almost every day there is a Post like these. Is there no informarion on the Registrationpage, that the Voice server will get the Users every 24hours, and so it may take up to 48h until you are able to Connect to the Voiceserver...

Take the Time to read, it is worth it.

• Thanks 1
eddk,lsas,vatgerfb,vatgercpt,worldflight,euroscope,vatoic,fsrealwx.jpg1178638.png

• Nestor Perez locked this topic
  • Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Actually, every new member receives an email welcoming them to VATSIM and providing their CID/credentials, that includes the following paragraph:

We operate with a network of distributed servers. It can take a minimum of 4 hours, and up to 24 hours (although normally much less), for new/updated membership information to be passed to all servers, including the voice server (which operates separately from the flight servers). Within the first 24 hours after registering, reactivating your account, or a password change, if your preferred server rejects your credentials, you are welcome to keep trying different servers in the hopes of finding one that will work. After 24 hours from the time of registration, you should be able to log onto any server.

So, yes, it is included during the registration process.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations