You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSX-STEAM scenery

Donald Leaton

Donald Leaton
Posted
Posted

Recently converted to FSX STEAM.  My old VIENNA scenery from Fly Tampa is only compatible with FSX and will not install into STEAM.

Has any member found a decent Vienna scenery that can be used in Steam?

thank you

donald leaton

pilotinfo.php?pid=0091&bg=a320

1270930 gdpr removed
Posted
Posted

The scenery should still work, what specifically is not working?

Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted (edited)

I use FSX-SE and Fly Tampa Vienna is working fine.   Have you installed it in the correct place ? 
I also remember having to remove a few LOWW bgl files from the Addon Scenery/Scenery folder as these were causing a conflict.   All I did was change their file extension from .bgl to .old so that I could easily revert back if necessary.

Edited by Andrew McCabe
Update

Dave Hagen
Posted
Posted

When you install sceneries, for almost all of them (for all the installations I had in my personal experience), there should be two options: Automatic, thus that it tries to find a directory for you and if it doesn't it will create it automatically, or costum, where you can tell the scenery like "You have to go to that folder", and a bar will show where it will be installed if you continue (e.g. Microsoft/FSX), but it shouldn't belong there, so you can change it to steam/steamapps/FSX, and it should install there, most sceneries/aircraft has a readme where it says in what folder you should install it, for example the addon scenery, so install it there (if the readme tells you to do so, I use addon scenery as a personal preference in case a scenerie won't work so I can delete it without going through all the folders). Maybe this helps?