You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Network error: Client authentication response timeout

• vpilot

Satanshu Mishra

Satanshu Mishra
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello Everyone,

I just installed vPilot on my New computer. After Doing the necessary setup and booting up FSX, I try to login to VATSIM. While vPilot initially connects, With in 30 seconds it disconnects giving "Network error: Client authentication response timeout" as the reason. Can someone suggest a solution to this issue cause I was really looking forwards to doing a pleasant flight today.

Regards

Satanshu

Edited by Satanshu Mishra

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daniel Richardson

• Satanshu Mishra

• umair saleem

• Ahmed Saadawey

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daniel Richardson

Daniel Richardson 9 posts

• Satanshu Mishra

Satanshu Mishra 7 posts

• umair saleem

umair saleem 7 posts

• Ahmed Saadawey

Ahmed Saadawey 6 posts

Popular Days

• Apr 30 2020

11 posts

• May 4 2020

8 posts

• Apr 29 2020

6 posts

• May 9 2020

6 posts

Popular Posts

umair saleem

I managed to stay connected (on USA-East) for a flight from EPWA to EDDK. On landing i disconnected to check if i can reconnect and now its the same error on all the servers. Yet again for s

Mohamed Zaheer Zafarullah

Thank you Andreas, have forwarded an email as suggested. Will post any response I have from the Team here..    

umair saleem

I If i try to connect while at OMDB(Dubai) its not working. I tried at different airports in USA and able to connect all the servers. Europe no luck

Posted Images

Ahmed Saadawey
Posted
Posted

same here

Ahmed Saadawey
Posted
Posted

do you lie in gulf area ? because most of affected users including me are located in this area

Satanshu Mishra
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Ahmed Saadawey said:

do you lie in gulf area ? because most of affected users including me are located in this area

Yes I am current living in the UAE. 

3 hours ago, Andreas Fuchs said:

One shot into the dark: do you have a VPN? Could you try to connect through VPN, pretending that you are "somewhere else", e.g. a European country?

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried one of the Free VPNs available but that resulted in no success either.

Any other advise? This is really frustrating 😧

Language Error

Andrew Ogden
Posted
Posted (edited)

Free VPNs are usually horrifically unreliable. Have you considered looking at a more permanent VPN solution?

Edited by Andrew Ogden

Andrew Ogden
Gander Oceanic OCA Chief
Vancouver FIR Senior Instructor

Visit us: https://ganderoceanic.ca

CZQO LogoCZVR Logo

Satanshu Mishra
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Andrew Ogden said:

Free VPNs are usually horrifically unreliable. Have you considered looking at a more permanent VPN solution?

Actually I have tried a pretty reliable Pay-ware VPN as well however the problem seems to be a bit more confusing.

As of now I am able to login to VATSIM using vPilot however if I am to enter the European or UK regions I will be faced with this timeout error. Clearly this isn't a problem with the internet location as I am am to connect to and interact with ATC on all other regions (USA, Asia, etc.). With all my addons and Home Base being in the aforementioned regions, I feel a bit annoyed but this is progress and we are closing in on the problem.

I am open to any suggestions on what might be causing this error and how to solve it.

Regards,

Satanshu

Posted
Posted

Same Issue here !! And Yes I am residing in Middle East region as well!!

I've been facing the same issue for more than a month now. Tried majority of all the solution listed in different forums that google could possibly find, but still the issue remained same. The only thing that worked for me until 2 days ago was to connect  Vpilot to Vatsim-Sydney server, now since it is  decommissioned, I'm back to Nothing.

Any Help or Advise would be highly appreciated !!

To add up, below are the few steps tried so far:

1.  Uninstalled Bitdefender Internet Security installed on my machine and disabled Windows defender.
  2. Restarted and even did complete reset of the Router multiple times.
  3. Installed a copy of FSX Steam that I owned previously on my second machine and tested only to get the same result.
  4. Tried port forwarding on the Router as suggested in a different forum (though it was an older post)
  5. To isolate any Vpilot issue tested with Swift Client too but still receiving the  error.

One important thing that I've noticed lately after reading a post from a forum is that it's occuring only while flying from  Airports in Europe !!

Regards,

Zaheer

Daniel Richardson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi all, jumping over from another forum again, i'm also living in the UAE and have been having this issue for a while (about a month) i was also using the Sydney server with marginal success, whilst it would not disconnect entirely from the network, the voice server would be constantly disconnecting and reconnecting. Hopefully there'll be some kind of fix for this but i have a feeling it's the ISP's (mine is Etisalat) fiddling with the bandwidth... Shame, there used to be 2 UAE servers for VATSIM as well!

Edited by Daniel Richardson

Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Daniel Richardson said:

Hi all, jumping over from another forum again, i'm also living in the UAE and have been having this issue for a while (about a month) i was also using the Sydney server with marginal success, whilst it would not disconnect entirely from the network, the voice server would be constantly disconnecting and reconnecting. Hopefully there'll be some kind of fix for this but i have a feeling it's the ISP's (mine is Etisalat) fiddling with the bandwidth... Shame, there used to be 2 UAE servers for VATSIM as well!

Me too under the same ISP, and until lately I was also under the impression it could have something to do with ISP.

But what is observed here is that the mentioned issue only appears whenever I am flying within Europe.  Any other airport across the globe it's connecting flawlessly no matter which server is selected.

May be if you could as well,  verify and confirm the same? 

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

As we go through this transformation in our network infrastructure, you can find the status of the network at https://network-status.vatsim.net/. Should you encounter difficulties connecting to VATSIM you can always email network-report[at]vatsim.net for assistance.

umair saleem
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mohamed Zaheer Zafarullah said:

Me too under the same ISP, and until lately I was also under the impression it could have something to do with ISP.

But what is observed here is that the mentioned issue only appears whenever I am flying within Europe.  Any other airport across the globe it's connecting flawlessly no matter which server is selected.

Same problem. Europe not possible anywhere else no issues in connecting to Vatsim.

So this is not an ISP related problem then?

Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Andreas Fuchs said:

Thank you Andreas, have forwarded an email as suggested. Will post any response I have from the Team here..

Edited by Mohamed Zaheer Zafarullah
  • Like 1

Daniel Richardson
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Mohamed Zaheer Zafarullah said:

I'll take a look now and try to connect, i tried earlier in the day to connect at WSSS and still got the exact same fault, i also tried the multiple server options given by vpilot.

I'm boosted a little by Andreas's post, hopefully now it's got some attention we can get a fix... inshallah!

*Update as of 1512LT / 1112UTC, i am connected on the Singapore server in KCVG and it seems to be connected ok... Will try the UK and see if it keeps the connection

**Still experiencing issues in the UK

umair saleem
Posted
Posted

I

7 hours ago, Daniel Richardson said:

I'll take a look now and try to connect, i tried earlier in the day to connect at WSSS and still got the exact same fault, i also tried the multiple server options given by vpilot.

I'm boosted a little by Andreas's post, hopefully now it's got some attention we can get a fix... inshallah!

*Update as of 1512LT / 1112UTC, i am connected on the Singapore server in KCVG and it seems to be connected ok... Will try the UK and see if it keeps the connection

**Still experiencing issues in the UK

If i try to connect while at OMDB(Dubai) its not working.

I tried at different airports in USA and able to connect all the servers.

Europe no luck

• Like 1

Ahmed Saadawey
Posted
Posted

yeah for me also it happened in europ only , i have connected on the deafult p3d airport (KVPS) i think and no problems

Daniel Richardson
Posted
Posted (edited)

25 minutes ago, umair saleem said:

I

If i try to connect while at OMDB(Dubai) its not working.

I tried at different airports in USA and able to connect all the servers.

Europe no luck

12 minutes ago, Ahmed Saadawey said:

yeah for me also it happened in europ only , i have connected on the deafult p3d airport (KVPS) i think and no problems

Yep, only US airports seem to be working, anywhere else is a non-starter.

The internet in this region is so heavily filtered and controlled before it gets to the end user that i can see there being an error somewhere along the line that's disallowing connections onto vatsim (think along the lines of VOIP blocking which is ridiculous in itself and a whole different story)... But it's still very, very strange that we are able to fly in the USA but nowhere else on the planet. One would think that sim location would have nothing to do with it since our computers are all sitting in one place!

umair saleem
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Daniel Richardson said:

Yep, only US airports seem to be working, anywhere else is a non-starter.

The internet in this region is so heavily filtered and controlled before it gets to the end user that i can see there being an error somewhere along the line that's disallowing connections onto vatsim (think along the lines of VOIP blocking which is ridiculous in itself and a whole different story)... But it's still very, very strange that we are able to fly in the USA but nowhere else on the planet. One would think that sim location would have nothing to do with it since our computers are all sitting in one place!

I just hope and wish the fix comes in soon , dont know how though!

This was keeping me busy in lock down and flying offline is no fun for me.

Daniel Richardson
Posted
Posted

Managed to fly PDX-SJU yesterday with no dissconnects which is good... Tried to connect in a cessna at my home town airport (EGTO) this morning and got a different error message:

[06:30:11] Connected to voice server.
[06:30:38] Network error: EndReceive failed: (10060) A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
[06:30:38] Disconnected from network.
[06:30:39] Disconnected from voice server.

Anyone else tried to connect in europe and gotten the same error?

Posted
Posted
On 4/30/2020 at 2:45 PM, Mohamed Zaheer Zafarullah said:

Had received email from VATSIM -  Network Infrastructure team, requesting few details which are provided. Now awaiting further response. Will update here as soon as i receive one. 

4 hours ago, Daniel Richardson said:

Managed to fly PDX-SJU yesterday with no dissconnects which is good... Tried to connect in a cessna at my home town airport (EGTO) this morning and got a different error message:

[06:30:11] Connected to voice server.
[06:30:38] Network error: EndReceive failed: (10060) A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
[06:30:38] Disconnected from network.
[06:30:39] Disconnected from voice server.

Anyone else tried to connect in europe and gotten the same error?

Used to receive this error earlier, but was resolved upon rebooting the router..

umair saleem
Posted
Posted

I managed to stay connected (on USA-East) for a flight from EPWA to EDDK.

On landing i disconnected to check if i can reconnect and now its the same error on all the servers.

Yet again for some reason the  some locations in sim for e.g. any airport in USA connection is no problem anywhere else such as Europe it keeps giving response time out errors.

• Sad 2

Satanshu Mishra
Posted
Posted (edited)

An update regarding my position. the issue seems to be getting better as I was able to stay connected on Canada and UK1 server at EGLL for a good 5 mins. I am currently connected with a stable connection at EGLL listening to Ground speak on the USA-West server however I for whatever reason do not have any controllers in range even though I can hear them speak.

I am hoping this trend will continue and that the issue will self rectify itself...in the near future.

Daniel Richardson
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Satanshu Mishra said:

An update regarding my position. the issue seems to be getting better as I was able to stay connected on Canada and UK1 server at EGLL for a good 5 mins. I am currently connected with a stable connection at EGLL listening to Ground speak on the USA-West server however I for whatever reason do not have any controllers in range even though I can hear them speak.

I am hoping this trend will continue and that the issue will self rectify itself...in the near future.

Buoyed by this i tried the same... On every server i get a disconnect after 10-30 seconds... But hopefully it will start to improve soon, especially if it's working for you

**Quick update @1747z, now i'm back to having issues connecting at all, and even the USA is now no longer working for me, constant disconnections after roughly 20 seconds 🙄 i've attached a screenshot of my vpilot, the multipile connections are me trying different servers

Capture.JPG

Gonçalo Almeida
Posted
Posted (edited)

Also happening to me all the time. How is versio 2.5.1 for you guys?

Actually just happened to me right now with that version from April. This keeps on and on. I think they manage well to get this failing all the time.

Edited by Gonçalo Almeida

Satanshu Mishra
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Gonçalo Almeida said:

Also happening to me all the time. How is versio 2.5.1 for you guys?

Actually just happened to me right now with that version from April. This keeps on and on. I think they manage well to get this failing all the time.

To be honest, three weeks ago this was working fine. Then I decided to reset my Computer eight times because of a Windows issue and four days later when i start up VATSIM it gives me this error. So i dont know if this is a vPilot issue or a Vatsim server issue but it looks more like the later. Can someone give 2.5.1 a try and let us know? I dont know if its possible to use this version of vPilot but it may be worth a shot to either isolate vPilot as the problem or further solidify the problem being purely with Vatsim servers.

Although logically, if this were a VATSIM issue, then how are people from other parts of the world having no issue of the sort? Its all very strange...🤔