You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Encountered Error talking to the voice server PLEASEE HELPP

• audio help

presley costa

presley costa
Posted
Posted (edited)

It is my first time using vat sim today and i'm pretty sure I have everything downloaded. I connect to the first server and it says: (I am using x plane 11 have the newest version of XSB and not sure pleaseeeee help!!!!!) 

connecting

connected

connecting to voice

Encountered an error talking to the voice server (000000062B9CF4B8). Disabling voice 

I have a working mic and I binded all the voice commands and text commands and set up the audio in the menu 

Edited by presley costa

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, presley costa said:

It is my first time using vat sim today and i'm pretty sure I have everything downloaded. I connect to the first server and it says: (I am using x plane 11 have the newest version of XSB and not sure pleaseeeee help!!!!!) 

connecting

connected

connecting to voice

Encountered an error talking to the voice server (000000062B9CF4B8). Disabling voice 

I have a working mic and I binded all the voice commands and text commands and set up the audio in the menu 

A more useful error message will be in the Log file (the hex number is due to a bug, but it's usually correctly recorded in the log just prior to that line being logged).

That message is used when an unrecoverable error is encountered trying to establish a voice connection - there's generally only three common cases for this, and the odds are that one of these applies in your case:

• System (not simulator) clock is incorrectly set, resulting in the token expiry time we get from the AFV Instructure to be "in the past" relative to your system clock.  Your system clock must be correctly set so we can get the correct UTC time and to ensure we can perform token refreshes at the correct time, irrespective of any changes to AFV's token timeouts now or in the future.
    • Turning on time synchronisation greatly reduces the chance of this issue occurring.
      • If you're getting incorrect time with time synchronisation - make sure your OS is up to date and your timezone is set correctly - the problem will more likely be there than timesync itself - internet time synchronisation is quite accurate but works in UTC only and your timezone setting is used to reverse the time back from UTC to local, and to apply summer/winter (daylight savings) time adjustments.
    • Incorrectly set system clocks produce either this behaviour, or voice timeouts after about an hour given current server behaviour - when set correctly, the XSB voice system automatically renews the token 5 minutes before deadline giving it a bit of tolerance against insignificant amounts of clock skew.
  • Your password case (UPPERCASE vs lowercase) is incorrect.  The main connection (FSD) doesn't care and will accept either, but AFV checks your password in a case senstivie manner and will fail the voice connection if it is wrong.
  • You are a new (or recently unsuspended/unbanned) user and your details haven't yet propagated to the AFV server.  Last I heard, it took an extra day or so for changes to propagate to AFV.

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.