You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

dublicate connection

Vasjan Doci

Vasjan Doci
Posted
Posted

Hello guys! i seem to have a duplicate connection on my vatsim account! This is my very first time using xpilot and xSquawkbox! Maybe i did something wrong, but i cant figure it out how to have just one single connection! A controller contacted me, threatening me that will close my vatsim account! 

Can some body help me to figure out what i did wrong?

thnks in advance

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Can you describe what you are doing, how you connect? Do you have xPilot and xSquawkbox installed at the same time? You can only have one of those clients inside your plugins-directory at a time - otherwise they will interfere with each other.

Vasjan Doci
Posted
Posted

Yes, i have them both in my plugins directory, and i start the sim, i connect xSquawkbox and than i open the xpilot app and i connect that too! on my screen appear 2 planes inside one another!

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

You only need one of the two, not both. Delete xSquawkBox or xPilot from your plugins folder 🙂

Me.

Vasjan Doci
Posted
Posted

In the manual says that i should connect them both!

Vasjan Doci
Posted
Posted

where do i move xpilot?

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

What manual tells you to connect both??? Can you please share the URL to this manual?

Move the program that you do NOT want to use to any other directory outside /Plugins/. I have created a directory called /backups/ in the main directory of X-Plane 11 and that's where I place temporarily unused scenery and plugins.

Vasjan Doci
Posted
Posted (edited)

It Worked! actually i saw a video on youtube of proaviation, but it was too old! now i see things have improved. anyway, thanks for the help. i removed xSquawkbox! xpilot seems more easy to operate! thanks a lot

Edited by Vasjan Doci
  • Thanks 1