You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xPilot Alpha 1.3.7-Alpha Now Available

Justin Shannon

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted (edited)

Edit: This version has been bumped to 1.3.7 because I bodged the installer and forgot to include the newest plugin! So, users who have already downloaded 1.3.6 will be prompted to update to 1.3.7.

Version 1.3.7-Alpha of xPilot is now available for download from the web site, or via the automatic update utility built into the pilot client (if you are running 1.3.3.0 (or higher) and have the "Alpha" update channel selected in the settings).

The following items were changed, added or fixed in this version:

• Fixed an issue (hopefully!) that causes a crash to desktop when xPilot tries to remove a remote aircraft
  • Fixed issue with aircraft labels mirrored in Vulkan mode (aircraft labels were still visible if the camera view was turned 180°)
  • xPilot will attempt to read the vertical offset value from the CSL object directly if an offset is not found in the xsb_aircraft.txt file
  • Use true semantic versioning (major.minor.patch)

It is very important that you close X-Plane completely before installing xPilot. Failure to do so will prevent xPilot from being installed correctly.

Known Issues:

• Opening the X-Plane map while connected to xPilot can sometimes cause a crash to desktop (CTD).
Edited by Justin Shannon
Bump version to 1.3.7

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Fernando Mercerat
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Justin, still using 1.3.1.2 whit great success. But been testing 1.3.7

Great work with the labels, they're perfect now.

First I was just looking traffic at KSFO, everything fine except for a freeze of about 5 seconds when a plane was landing, but then returned to normal. Then disconnected without closing xPilot and changed the location to do the flight that I know triggers the map problem, first time opening the map it crashed. Reloaded the sim again to do that flight, this time I've made it farther away than with previous versions, but ended crashing anyway when opening the map.

Well, I don't know if you're interested in the map problem at the moment, but I have the xPilot's logs, and the X-Plane's rpt's and log, if they are useful to you let me know and i'll post them.

Thanks for your work.

Edited by Fernando Mercerat

Daniel Blasig
Posted
Posted

Sorry for pointing out crashes so often but I hope to help you with it. 

From time to time I become an .net exception when I'm switching the focus between my windows. I can continue to work with xPilot until I click on stop. 

May be the "log" will help https://pastebin.com/raw/uxEDTKaS

My X-Plane log doesnt mention anything as it is working further flawless.

Best regards

Daniel

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Daniel Blasig said:

Sorry for pointing out crashes so often but I hope to help you with it. 

From time to time I become an .net exception when I'm switching the focus between my windows. I can continue to work with xPilot until I click on stop. 

May be the "log" will help https://pastebin.com/raw/uxEDTKaS

My X-Plane log doesnt mention anything as it is working further flawless.

How are you switching focus? Are you using the toggle key option in xPilot? Or using task switcher (Alt + Tab)? Or just manually bringing xPilot into focus?

Daniel Blasig
Posted
Posted

Just switching from one app to another (nothing to do with xPilot or X-Plane - they just running in background). This exception f.e. comes up at opening a website out of discord.

Best regards

Daniel

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Daniel Blasig said:

Just switching from one app to another (nothing to do with xPilot or X-Plane - they just running in background). This exception f.e. comes up at opening a website out of discord.

Gotcha. Unfortunately, the log doesn't give me much detail on where the crash is occurring. If you're familiar with the Windows Event Viewer, can you see if there is an entry from the crash in there and post the details of the log here (it probably won't be of any help to me, but worth a shot).

Daniel Blasig
Posted
Posted

No "warnings"/"errors" etc. Just some information entries in there which doesnt belong to this. Sorry!

Best regards

Daniel

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

I have a new build that includes some changes to the map handling, which may help with the map crashes, but I'm not sold on it yet. 

For those who would like to test it out, you can download the installer here: http://xpilot.clowd.io/installers/test/xPilot-Setup-1.3.7-alpha+001.exe

This version is time limited and will expire on May 30. If you experience even more map crashes with this one, you can revert back to the previous 1.3.7 version by downloading it from the xPilot website.

• Like 1

Robin Meads
Posted
Posted

Hello

I have just installed xpilot to run with my x-plane 11.

It all appears to be set up correctly with the path to CSL files etc.

I set a keybord toggle ; for the xpilot window, but it does not appear. I have to use the Windows key to go back out to the desktop to access it to Connect.

After I open x-plane at a airport stand, I access the xpilot and connect, I hear other users, but within a few seconds the prog crashes out to the desktop and invites me to send a crash report to x-plane, which I have done. I have not been able to get any further

Daniel Blasig
Posted
Posted

No problems so far. Just a small thing I noticed in the message window: Two frequencies are shown for the pilots.

xPilot-1.jpg

Best regards

Daniel

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Daniel Blasig said:

No problems so far. Just a small thing I noticed in the message window: Two frequencies are shown for the pilots.

xPilot-1.jpg

Was your COM1 and COM2 radio set to the same frequency with RX enabled on both?

Daniel Blasig
Posted
Posted

No, different frequencies (I assume 122.800 on COM2) - but RX enabled for both.

Best regards

Daniel

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Robin Meads said:

Hello

I have just installed xpilot to run with my x-plane 11.

It all appears to be set up correctly with the path to CSL files etc.

I set a keybord toggle ; for the xpilot window, but it does not appear. I have to use the Windows key to go back out to the desktop to access it to Connect.

After I open x-plane at a airport stand, I access the xpilot and connect, I hear other users, but within a few seconds the prog crashes out to the desktop and invites me to send a crash report to x-plane, which I have done. I have not been able to get any further

For the toggle, which key did you bind? Have you tried a different key? Have you tried running xPilot as an administrator?

As for the crash, please look in Output/crash_reports (in your X-Plane folder) for most recent .dmp and/or .rpt file that would belong to your crash. Please upload these to a file sharing website, such as google drive so I can look into it further.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Daniel Blasig said:

No, different frequencies (I assume 122.800 on COM2) - but RX enabled for both.

Do you still have your NetworkLog (found in the xPilot app folder) for this flight? If so, can you upload it for me?

Daniel Blasig
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Justin Shannon said:

Do you still have your NetworkLog (found in the xPilot app folder) for this flight? If so, can you upload it for me?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1L1rHBnTAjoDiD8sjFApa1mMcAZJ4apOw

Best regards

Daniel

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Daniel Blasig said:

Thanks, this confirmed my suspicions.

Basically, AC3214 had their COM1 and COM2 radios set to transmit on 135.525 and 135.520, respectively. When xPIlot receives an incoming radio text message, it will normalize the frequency to 25khz spacing standards, and if it matches against one or both of the frequencies you are receiving on, xPilot will display the radio message.

Additionally, xPilot will show the radio frequency the message originated from if you are configured to receive on both COM radios so you know which frequency the message originated from. In this scenario, if you had your COM stack configured to only receive on COM1, you would not have seen the "... on 135.525 & 135.520" or "... on 135.520" prefixed on the messages.

Hopefully this makes sense. 🙂

Daniel Blasig
Posted
Posted

Thank you very much. I thought exactly this way. May be we can find a little adaption of the message text in order to read the main message a bit easier? Callsign + frequency and all in the same font and color seems a little bit hard to read. But for sure - this are only small things. Keep up the good work!

Best regards

Daniel

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Robin Meads said:

Hello Justin

Have not used Google Drive before so let me know if you do cannot access the 2 files  .dmp & .rpt 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ie-nN6A3x-v14QXUHusWMFI-I4uDBKJm/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kDpBBUWJlKfT4elg6LTHDLauewBQ3zhb/view?usp=sharing

Robin Meads

Thanks for providing these, Robin.

The Bluebell CSL models aren't properly installed so xPilot isn't able to find any objects to use. I would suggest you purge out all of the Bluebell models and download the zipped version instead.

You can download them here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8hGoqCV5Z5AcTM4ZWhIX2RZT2M

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Robin, I also noticed you've made some recent posts in the XSquawkBox forum looking for troubleshooting help.  Please note that having more than one X-Plane plugin present simultaneously which manipulates AI traffic (including Pilot Clients, which use AI traffic to represent other online players) can cause a whole host of odd behaviors.  To eliminate that as a cause for your issues, you'll want to make sure only one such plugin is present in your X-Plane/Resources/plugins folder at any given time. 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Robin Meads
Posted
Posted

Hello Robert

Thanks. When I raised the xsquawkbox issues, I was advised that I should change to xpilot. I use x-plane 11 and vatsim and I switch off the AI planes in x-plane, so that I only show the planes presented by vatsim.

The other plugins I use are :

AviTab for charts

BetterPushback

FlywithLua for frame rate

Terrain radar

Xchecklist

xsquawkbox works fine and I understand that when they incorporated AFV they dropped the text ATIS and the only way now to get that is to use the txt bar with .atis [ICAO(for reqd airport)_ATIS]. The lack of voice ATIS appears to be an ATIS server issue. Problem was that no announcement was made about these changes to the Vatsim community, which seems to be a common problem in apps that rely on voluntary fragmented groups.

Hopefully, I will be able to look at xpilot once I can make it work. 

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Okay, cool, just making sure you weren't inadvertently introducing more sources for potential conflict. 

I agree that there are many examples on VATSIM where left hand and right hand aren't talking -- but in general the progress is good for the community and the issues that crop up are unintended side-effects.  That's my assessment, anyway; your mileage may vary. 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Michael Jones
Posted
Posted
On 4/29/2020 at 9:06 PM, Justin Shannon said:

Edit: This version has been bumped to 1.3.7 because I bodged the installer and forgot to include the newest plugin! So, users who have already downloaded 1.3.6 will be prompted to update to 1.3.7.

Version 1.3.7-Alpha of xPilot is now available for download from the web site, or via the automatic update utility built into the pilot client (if you are running 1.3.3.0 (or higher) and have the "Alpha" update channel selected in the settings).

The following items were changed, added or fixed in this version:

• Fixed an issue (hopefully!) that causes a crash to desktop when xPilot tries to remove a remote aircraft
  • Fixed issue with aircraft labels mirrored in Vulkan mode (aircraft labels were still visible if the camera view was turned 180°)
  • xPilot will attempt to read the vertical offset value from the CSL object directly if an offset is not found in the xsb_aircraft.txt file
  • Use true semantic versioning (major.minor.patch)

It is very important that you close X-Plane completely before installing xPilot. Failure to do so will prevent xPilot from being installed correctly.

Known Issues:

• Opening the X-Plane map while connected to xPilot can sometimes cause a crash to desktop (CTD).

Hi Justin, where is a link to the alpha download?

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Michael Jones said:

Hi Justin, where is a link to the alpha download?

You can find it on the xPilot website.

• Justin Shannon locked and unpinned this topic