You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

can't hear ATIS on Xsqwaukbox 2.0

• xsqwaukbox
  • atis

Maciej Fiedosiejew

Maciej Fiedosiejew
Posted
Posted

Hi, I have installed Xsqwaukbox 2.0 and can't hear ATIS. There is no problem with voice at all in/out but when change to ATIS freq. there is silence. Have checked on two diff aricrafts and three airports. I am using X-plane and B738 Zibo.

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

It's an issue with the ATIS server, not with xSquawkBox. Apologies 😬

Me.

Robin Meads
Posted
Posted

Hmmm I lost ATIS on voice from 2 days ago. Have had no text ATIS since AFV was integrated into xsquawkbox (using x-plane 11)

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Robin Meads said:

Hmmm I lost ATIS on voice from 2 days ago. Have had no text ATIS since AFV was integrated into xsquawkbox (using x-plane 11)

It's still there, but you need to explicitly request it (.atis <CALLSIGN>).

The automatic display of the ATIS was a direct side-effect of the old voice system - the voice room information was side-channeled with the ATIS, so we got both at once, and so we just displayed the text ATIS.

In AFV, there is no hard requirement to perform that query anymore, so XSB2.x doesn't unless you explicitly ask for it using the .atis command.

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.

Robin Meads
Posted
Posted

Ok thanks. I will try it. It would be very useful if notices were put on the websites when significant changes are made, so that us numpties can keep up !