You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Update to VRC known issues list - multiple video cards

Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I've just updated the VRC known issues list:

http://www.metacraft.com/VRC/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13

I now have VRC scope windows working on all of the monitors in my system. Before, I had one PCI Express card running two monitors, and one PCI card running a third. VRC scope windows would only work on the two monitors connected to the primary card. Now, I have two PCI Express cards in the system, with 4 monitors, and VRC scopes work on all 4 monitors. I also upgraded to the latest nVidia Forceware display drivers at the same time, so I'm not sure if the drivers fixed this issue for me, or if having both cards on the same bus did the trick. The driver version I'm running now is 91.47.

I'd be curious to hear from any VRC user that has one PCIe and one PCI card in their system, or one AGP and one PCI card, using the latest nVidia drivers, to see if these drivers allow the VRC scopes to work on any of the monitors.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Peter Sagar 965209
Posted
Posted

Ross,

I have one AGP and one PCI card driving my 4 monitors - 2 each. Both are nVidia cards, and driver version 9.1.3.1. I can open new windows on the second card, but can't zoom, and dragging or maximising drops parts of the scope on that second card. I will look at updating my driver again, but due to travel, won't be for a couple of weeks.

Peter.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Thanks Peter ... I hope the new driver fixes it for you.

• 2 weeks later...
Fritz Eisler 879638
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross,

any news on whether it be a driver or slot/card-issue?

Fritz

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Nope.

• 2 weeks later...
Peter Sagar 965209
Posted
Posted

Ross,

I have updated to nVidia driver 91.47, but still only have VRC scopes working on one card. I tried re-loading the driver (making sure no anit-virus), reset the boot card in BIOS and anything else I could think of. If you'd like any more system or hardware details let me know.

Peter.