You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Need to Update ICAO CODE of AZUR AIR

Vitaly Kretov

Vitaly Kretov
Posted
Posted
Good afternoon! Please change the ICAO code, due to new icao code of Azur Air Airline -AZV, old ICAO code was KTK

ICAO:  NEW-AZV (OLD -KTK)
IATA:       ZF
Name:    AZUR air
Callsign: AZUR AIR
Type:      Real
Link:      https://www.azurair.ru/
Modify message

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Vitaly,

whom are you addressing?

The airline database of swift has been updated accordingly today. Also, I was told that contact has been made with the people at X-CSL to also change it there. Maybe several requests for this at X-CSL will help accelerating the process.

Vitaly Kretov
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Andreas Fuchs said:

Привет Виталий,

к кому ты обращаешься?

База данных авиакомпаний swift сегодня была соответствующим образом обновлена. Кроме того, мне сказали, что контакт был установлен с людьми в X-CSL, чтобы также изменить его там. Возможно, несколько запросов на это в X-CSL помогут ускорить процесс.

Hi Andreas) I write to support because I don't know who to contact with this question in Vatsim. I spoke with one of the CSL developers, who said that it is necessary to register the new ICAO code in the network. After that, he will make changes, his name is Al mik.

Vitaly Kretov
Posted
Posted

Andreas, the person who contacted the developer of X-CSL is me, I hope that this issue will be resolved)) Tell pliz and how to find out that changes in VAtsim made?

Vitaly Kretov
Posted
Posted

https://prnt.sc/saraoo

Thank you very much

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Okay, I think this is a misunderstanding. "swift" is not "the network", but rather one pilot client software among several options that pilots have (xPilot, vPilot, xSquawkbox, swift). As you have seen, the database entry for Azur Air has been changed already for swift. The other pilot clients do NOT have such a database, if I am not mistaken.

In general there is not need to "register" an airline code or callsign with VATSIM: you just change the X-CSL properties and that's all.

Torben Andersen
Posted
Posted (edited)

However, Euroscope has a database for ICAO airlines and KTK is KATEKAVIA. So users of Euroscope could change/add the new code to the database. But a centralized action would be preferred, so all users implements this. BUT AZV is already in use: AZOV AVIA in Ukraine. Duplicate ICAO codes aren't good 😞 Or are the two companies the same? Wouldn't have thought so...

Edited by Torben Andersen
adding azov

Torben Andersen, VACC-SCA Controller (C1)

Vitaly Kretov
Posted
Posted (edited)

Good day) AZOVAVIA Airline ceased to exist in 2004! Indeed, this company used the ICAO code azv. But we strive to get as close to reality as possible) Currently, the AZV code is used by Azur airlines .

Edited by Vitaly Kretov

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

IATA has it as KTK still.

C34698CD-4793-4B08-89AC-6B3ECF27B50A.jpeg

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
Vitaly Kretov
Posted
Posted (edited)

Good day colleagues, I and our team of Azur air fans, please change the code to match the reality below screenshots from flight radar 24.

https://prnt.sc/shdwe4

Screenshot_22.формат PNG

Edited by Vitaly Kretov

Vitaly Kretov
Posted
Posted

in X-CSL traffic.

Vitaly Kretov
Posted
Posted

I just updated the traffic there with an Updater as before KTK (((

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Look, VATSIM has no relationship with X-CSL, nothing at all. You need to talk to the people who maintain the X-CSL data-set, they are the only ones who can help you.

Vitaly Kretov
Posted
Posted

Andreas, Swift as well as Pilot take traffic bases with XCSL, so respectively communication should be well, or at least Vatsim should take part in solving this issue The man's name is Almik here's his mail [email protected] if a Vatsim representative contacts And notifies them of these changes, they will go to a meeting, or the manufacturers of the Xpilot or Swift plugin? they also produced it for the Vatsim network?

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

Vitaly, please listen to the advice you are getting.

X-CSL has nothing to do with VATSIM. You will need to contact them, we will not reach out to unaffiliated third party developers on your behalf to request small changes. However there is nothing stopping you from doing it.

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted (edited)

Actually, Vitaly has already been in touch with the admin of X-CSL and he told him that he needs an "official note" from VATSIM. I am now typing an e-mail to Aleksandr from the X-CSL team.

@Vitaly Kretov xPilot and swift and vPilot and xSquwakbox have no direct connection with X-CSL or any other model set provider. The programs simply read out the information from these CSL-models and try to guess what they are. In swift we maintain a database online to improve this guessing-process. In swift we have already changed the database entry after you notified us and after we confirmed the information. There's nothing else that we can do at this time.

AZV_datastore.thumb.jpg.da91fceb0c202fe656efdcfaf28a9a9a.jpg

Edited by Andreas Fuchs

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

Oh, then I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

I am just a bit unsure why he would need an official note from VATSIM... If the information is actually correct Andreas, I'd be happy to help out sending it from my @vatsim.net email, is probably a bit more official then... Still a bit confused, but yeah. 😛

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

The gentleman at X-CSL has replied to me already and he was NOT waiting for any official request from VATSIM (or anyone else). He has already corrected the airline code and will publish it with the next update... Case closed.

Vitaly Kretov
Posted
Posted

Friends thank you for participating in this issue, it is important for me and my teammates! Almik is somewhat sly, saying that he did not ask for official requests, it is not so easy for him to prioritize IVAO. He confirmed that he will make changes in the next release and that's great) Taking this opportunity, I appeal to the leadership of VATSIM, if possible, let's take an example and make a tool like in IVAO to change information about real airlines, I am ready to show and provide information in a personal message as it happens! My team and I are very fond of VATSIM, moreover, several of our virtual pilots are dispatchers in VATRUS)) That is why it is so important for us that everything is as convenient and realistic as possible))

Vitaly Kretov
Posted
Posted (edited)

image0.png

Edited by Vitaly Kretov