You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can't install xpilot

• xpilot

Adrian Winslow

Adrian Winslow
Posted
Posted

Hi all,
I have a big problem. I decided to switch from Xsqawbox to Xpilot. I did everything following instructions on the offical webside and youtube tutorials as well. Installator says installation is comleted, but when I click the finish button, program don't exist on my computer. When i click finish with 'start xPilot' option ticked I'm getting Error window which says: 'Unhandled exception: The operation completed successfully' and that's it. I click OK and nothing is happening... Does anyone have any ideas how to slove the problem and what is going on?

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Which .NET Framework do you have installed? xPilot requires at least version 4.7.2.

Can you look in your xPilot folder (by default, it's installed in %localappdata%\xPilot) and look to see if there is a GlobalExceptions.txt file. If so, can you paste its contents here? If there is not one, launch xPilot again and copy the exception details here.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Adrian Winslow
Posted
Posted

I'm useing .NET Framework 4.8. I don't have xpilot folder at all, when i launch it again it's not changing anything, still no files even luancher said installation completed 😞

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Maybe try running the installer as an administrator? Also, make sure you don’t have any antivirus that is blocking the installation. 

• Thanks 1

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Adrian Winslow
Posted
Posted

OMG, problem solved, that was my antivirus which isolated files. Thank you so much fo your help 🙂