You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Servers are not downloading.

Morgan Davies

Morgan Davies
Posted
Posted

Whenever I loadup VRC now, it shows 0 servers downloaded to the server.txt file.

I have tried restarting VRC and reinstalling VRC to no avail. I tried disabling windows defender, thinking anti virus might be interfering, but that was not the case. 

It was working fine last Saturday for an event that I was working.

Not sure if this is a network issue or if I am missing something.

Ayler Cruz
Posted
Posted

Glad to hear I am not the only person getting this right now. It worked fine last night.

Gustavo Agostinho
Posted
Posted

I am having this issue today. I keep replacing the server file with one I had made a copy of and it is still not working. Can't seem to connect to the network at all. 

Newark Controller
Virtual New York ARTCC
VATUSA - VATSIM

Morgan Davies
Posted
Posted

So looks like it may be a network issue. Will wait for an official response though to be sure.

Gustavo Agostinho
Posted
Posted

Hopefully it is. I was just online last night for hours. Nobody at my facility is online yet but will ask when someone is and will see if they are having the same issues. 

Newark Controller
Virtual New York ARTCC
VATUSA - VATSIM

Morgan Davies
Posted
Posted

Funny thing is, I see a fellow vZHU controller on VATSpy..might have got on before the network problems began.

Ayler Cruz
Posted
Posted (edited)

Guys, add this to myservers.txt. It will put these servers there just in case VRC cant download their own. Fixed it for me.

165.22.239.218 CANADA
157.230.25.177 GERMANY-1
157.230.17.198 GERMANY-2
68.183.185.148 SINGAPORE
209.97.177.84 UK-1
161.35.40.246 UK-2
134.209.67.219 USA-EAST
165.22.163.56 USA-WEST

sweatbox.vatsim.net SweatBox

Edited by Ayler Cruz

Gustavo Agostinho
Posted
Posted

Still not downloading servers for me but, I did put in the ones @Ayler Cruz pasted into a new myserver.txt file and the IP's are different but they are connecting now

Weird. 

Newark Controller
Virtual New York ARTCC
VATUSA - VATSIM

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

This is a problem with the data file. There's a formatting issue with some of the data, and that's causing VRC to fail to parse the data file, which is where VRC finds the server list. The network team is working on a fix right now. Until then, you can put the server list in your myservers.txt file, but be sure to remove them once the issue is fixed, which should be today.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)

The network team has implemented the fix, and VRC is now able to parse the data file and extract the servers. Be sure to remove any servers from your myservers.txt file so that you don't have duplicates and so that future retired servers aren't still in your list.

Edited by Ross Carlson

Morgan Davies
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the help Ross & Aylar.

I will keep the list of servers on google drive in case this situation arises in the future.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I wouldn't bother hanging onto a list of servers anywhere. It is transient data, likely to change. You can always get a fresh set of servers if this issue comes up again.

Morgan Davies
Posted
Posted

Oh..okay.

I thought that was a permanent list.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

No, it's definitely not permanent. In fact, VATSIM is moving away from the concept of users having to choose a server to connect to. In the future, everyone will just connect without having to choose a server, and the network will route you to the best physical server automatically based on geography or other factors.