You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

P3DV5 and FLAI

GUILLAUME LEMENTEC

GUILLAUME LEMENTEC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello

I use VPILOT (last version) with FLAI (from Boston) 

I load the défault custom rule in the vpilot Files folder: FLAI_Model_matching.vmr.

But when I try to rescan the model in te P3Dv5 menu nothings appears (it goes up and disapear)

In the Advanced tab I have only SimObjects\Airplanes (117 model) recognised, noothing else !

My FLAI folder is in directory D. D:\FLAI, my P3D is in F:. It works perfectly with P3DV4 (I have the both installed)

If I put the FLAi folder in the P3DV5\Simobjects same problem..

Windows 10

Edited by GUILLAUME LEMENTEC

GUILLAUME LEMENTEC
Posted
Posted

Just find the solution: copy the FLAI directory from P3DV4 Addon to the P3DV5 one. And it works

Grant Williams
Posted
Posted

Hey there hoping some other people see this. My issue is with vPilot and FSX:SE so not P3D.

I also use the FLAI package. The other day when flying with a friend, he appeared as an A321 instead of his PC12. Is the PC12 just not in the FLAI package? How can I make aircraft appear as a “close” model match (as the PC12 and A321 aren’t even similar in size).

Thoughts?

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

I would think there's a PC12 in FLAI -- I'd be surprised if there wasn't.  But I don't have access to my flight sim PC at the moment so I can't check.  If there is, then you might need to troubleshoot why it's not working.  For one, you should make sure your friend properly indicated his aircraft type when logging onto VATSIM.

However, worst-case scenario I'm wrong about there being a PC12, you can add a custom model match rule set with just one single rule which matches an aircraft type "PC12" with any specific model in your modelset, then place the priority of that rule file just above the FLAI model rules.  You can then use that same ruleset to further "tweak" matching of any unusual types you encounter.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

• 2 weeks later...
Robert Grant
Posted
Posted

Afternoon all.

I am having the same issue as the OP however placing 2 AI folders in the P3Dv5 addon directory does not work for me.

I am running bothP3D  v4 and v5 . V4 no issue as all my AI aircraft are there. The AI folders reside in the Simobjects directory. I have copied the 2 folders and placed them in v5 Simobjects .

When I do a scan VPilot picks up the v5 SImobjects \ Airplanes but not the other 2 AI directories. Is there a change to the naming convention for the foders ?

Any advice appreciated.

Regards

Rob

Regards

Rob

P1/P2/P3 /C3/ VATAME1 (retired)

Lance Williams
Posted
Posted

I'm having zero luck using FLAi in P3D v5 with vPilot as well.

Thank you,

Lance W.

ndbair_logo_150.png

Hundreds of Real-World Airlines and Routes for you to fly at www.ndbair.com

5000seconds.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Stuart Campbell
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2020 at 10:43 PM, Lance Williams said:

I'm having zero luck using FLAi in P3D v5 with vPilot as well.

Same here. If anyone finds a quick fix or knows how to work around this. Please do point us all in the right direction!

Edited by Stuart Campbell

Stuart Campbell

vBAW VA Manager

vbaw.uk

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
On 5/22/2020 at 11:48 PM, Robert Grant said:

I am having the same issue as the OP however placing 2 AI folders in the P3Dv5 addon directory does not work for me.

I'm not sure why you would copy AI folders into the v5 add-on directory. What the OP said to do was copy the FLAI add-on folder from the v4 add-ons folder to the v5 add-ons folder.

This should work as a temporary fix until the FLAi developers build v5 support into the installer.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Robert Grant
Posted
Posted
On 6/10/2020 at 5:29 AM, Ross Carlson said:

I'm not sure why you would copy AI folders into the v5 add-on directory. What the OP said to do was copy the FLAI add-on folder from the v4 add-ons folder to the v5 add-ons folder.

This should work as a temporary fix until the FLAi developers build v5 support into the installer.

Hi Ross.

I dont use FLAI

I use a proprietary AI and the BVAI.

Whether I put the 2 AI folders in simobjects or the V5 Add on folder I dont get them in a scan.

Regards

Rob

P1/P2/P3 /C3/ VATAME1 (retired)

Stuart Campbell
Posted
Posted
On 6/9/2020 at 8:10 PM, Stuart Campbell said:

Same here. If anyone finds a quick fix or knows how to work around this. Please do point us all in the right direction!

Have managed to get it to work..

If you have got the FLAI already installed in v4, just transfer everything over to your v5 sim folder or wherever it was originally installed. You can also keep it in the folder you have assigned if it is seperate from your sim folder. Just add the add-on.xml into the v5 addon directory in your documents folder thats in the v4 directory.... Can usually be found in: Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FLAI (this maybe different for where you have it installed)... Just cut and paste into the Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FLAI

Load P3dv5 up and when prompted press yes to activating FLAI. Load simulator up and turn on vpilot and connect... give it a few minutes to sync.. Then, disconnect. Turn off your simulator. Turn off the PC, NOT RESTART (restart for some reason didn't work. Again maybe different for each user).

Wait a minute.

Turn back on the PC and start up P3Dv5 and vpilot and FLAI works perfectly.... If anyone has any issues with this, then i am more than happy to help out. Just drop me a email or message on Discord. 

Stuart Campbell

vBAW VA Manager

vbaw.uk

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Robert Grant said:

Hi Ross.

I dont use FLAI

I use a proprietary AI and the BVAI.

Whether I put the 2 AI folders in simobjects or the V5 Add on folder I dont get them in a scan.

My point is that you can't just copy AI aircraft into the v5 add on folder. You need an add-on.xml file that tells P3D where to find the models.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Stuart Campbell said:

Just cut and paste into the Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FLAI

You'll want to COPY and paste, not cut. If you cut, then the models will no longer be installed in v4. (Which may be fine, if you don't intend to use v4 any more.)

4 hours ago, Stuart Campbell said:

Load P3dv5 up and when prompted press yes to activating FLAI. Load simulator up and turn on vpilot and connect... give it a few minutes to sync.. Then, disconnect. Turn off your simulator. Turn off the PC, NOT RESTART (restart for some reason didn't work. Again maybe different for each user).

Wait a minute.

Turn back on the PC and start up P3Dv5 and vpilot and FLAI works perfectly.... If anyone has any issues with this, then i am more than happy to help out. Just drop me a email or message on Discord. 

You don't need to turn off the sim and load it back up. Once you get the prompt to activate the FLAI add-on in v5, you're good to go ... the next time you run vPilot, it will see that you have activated FLAI in v5 and it will scan the FLAI models and be able to use them for model matching right away.

Stuart Campbell
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

You don't need to turn off the sim and load it back up. Once you get the prompt to activate the FLAI add-on in v5, you're good to go ... the next time you run vPilot, it will see that you have activated FLAI in v5 and it will scan the FLAI models and be able to use them for model matching right away.

I tried that and it didn't work for me. Infact i tried a few times and it didnt work. It only worked once i followed the above. Hence why i put that in there. Again, this depends from user to user. But is always a safe option. 

Stuart Campbell

vBAW VA Manager

vbaw.uk

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

There's something else happening there, then. It's definitely not needed to restart the sim after it prompts you to activate the new add-on.

• 1 year later...
Darren Crosby
Posted
Posted
On 6/9/2020 at 8:29 PM, Ross Carlson said:

Hi Ross, sorry to bother you, but can you help me with my problem.

I have just had to reformat P3D v5 and am now in the process of adding all my addons. The one which is causing me issues is FLAi.  Prior to reformatting, I kept the full aircraft folder etc with the vmr. My questions are

1, where do I place the FLAi folder (anywhere on a harddrive I assume)

2, what is the root of the xml within P3D v5 addons

can you help please

many thanks

Darren