You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

AFV ATC client not working

Simon Ramirez

Simon Ramirez
Posted
Posted

So I’ve done my work and checked far and wide to see if anyone’s having the same problem I’m having and no one is.

Since last night I’ve kept getting .NET unhandled exception errors when running the AFV client (I had to restart it 3 times) After the 3rd restart the client refused to open. I’ve run .NET to do a fix on itself and it did that cleanly without issues but then when I try to run the AFV installer to see if a file is corrupted it always stops because it says a new version of AFV is already installed even though I’ve wiped my entire AFV folder. Is there any way around that or a way I can install a “second copy” to do the trick?

Simon Ramirez
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Simon Ramirez said:

So I’ve done my work and checked far and wide to see if anyone’s having the same problem I’m having and no one is.

Since last night I’ve kept getting .NET unhandled exception errors when running the AFV client (I had to restart it 3 times) After the 3rd restart the client refused to open. I’ve run .NET to do a fix on itself and it did that cleanly without issues but then when I try to run the AFV installer to see if a file is corrupted it always stops because it says a new version of AFV is already installed even though I’ve wiped my entire AFV folder. Is there any way around that or a way I can install a “second copy” to do the trick?

To add to what I’ve found in the past 2 hours + of troubleshooting I’ve done, even if I wipe the entire local disco for anything related to AFV (the beta the application the shortcut the downloader) even if I download a clean copy from the internet the installer will still say there’s a new version of AFV already installed. Now I’m no rocket scientist but I figure that if a new version of AFV is published it will be able to “update” the non existent file and maybe fix the issue

Edited by Simon Ramirez

Zach Pettibone
Posted
Posted

I have the same issue. I had to clear out my AFV files because I was stupid and messed something up, but now when I try to reinstall it, it says I have it already installed on my computer even though I cleared out every single AFV- related folder I could possibly find

• 10 months later...
Eddie Omine
Posted
Posted

I encountered the same problem and no one has got back to me yet

Theo Sloan
Posted
Posted

Don't know if you guys fixed the issue but I had the same issue so I went to the uninstall window for windows and uninstalled "audio for vatsim" through the menu and reinstalled the program. Worked for me.