You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

solved Pull down menu not working

Paul Woods

Paul Woods
Posted
Posted

Plugin Settings

There are a couple of xPilot settings within X-Plane that can be tweaked.

PluginSettings.png

THIS IS WHAT I AM NOT GETTING FROM THE DROP DOWN MENU !!!!!!! SOMEONE SURELY MUST KNOW WHY . HOW EXCTLY DO I GET THESE  "c++ redistributables" AND HOW DO I INSTALL THEM ??? IMAGINE YOU ARE INSTRUCTING A 9 MONTH OLD BABY !!!!

i HAVE UNINSTALLED REDOWNLOADED AND REINSTALLED X PILOT 1.3.7 AND REINSTALLED CSL FILES FROM BLUEBELL --- STILL THE DROP DOWN MENU DOES NOT WORK --- WHEN I TOGGLE SETTINGS NOTHING HAPPENS AND DROP DOWN DISAPPEARS -- HOWVER I CAN CONNECT AND HEAR ABD TRANSMIT BUT UNABLE TO SEE ANY TRAFFFIC ------ NOW AT MY WITS END 

Martin Henne
Posted
Posted

I am having the exact same problem. And I cannot see any other aircraft as well. 

Paul Woods
Posted
Posted

ve you resolved thnis matter yet ? I have tried everything  . I may just uninstall x plane and wait for FS 2020 . Been with x plane a very very long time and wasted countless hours resolving many issues and each and every time that I find myself with time for on line flying , another problem emerges . I met Austin right at the very beginnings with Bob Sidwick at the first or second Bormingham fligth sim exhibition . Sadly , Bob is no longer with us and I miss my chats with him .

Martin Henne
Posted
Posted

No, I was not able to resolve this issue. Tried xPilot ALPHA and BETA, OpenGL and Vulkan. Nothing worked - with slightly different symptoms, but still no other aircraft visible. Since I installed xPilot, no AI-traffic is present at all.

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

Paul, please refrain from writing in all caps and use exclamations to the extent that you do. It won't make your point any clearer. Thanks.

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Martin Henne
Posted
Posted

Just a short update: Alpha 1.3.10 did not fix the problem for me. Still no settings GUI, so I cannot set the CSL-Path, so xPilot alpha not working. The weird thing is, that xPilot beta 1.2.1 does find the CSL right away. So I dont need the settings GUI. But the planes are not visible anyway....

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Martin Henne said:

Just a short update: Alpha 1.3.10 did not fix the problem for me. Still no settings GUI, so I cannot set the CSL-Path, so xPilot alpha not working. The weird thing is, that xPilot beta 1.2.1 does find the CSL right away. So I dont need the settings GUI. But the planes are not visible anyway....

The new version of xPilot requires explicit mapping of the CSL paths, unlike previous versions. If you're using the new X-Plane 11.50 beta, the 1.2.1.0 version will only work in OpenGL mode, not Vulkan, which is probably why you're not seeing any planes.

As for not being able to see the preferences window, I'm not sure. Do any of the other windows open for you (Nearby ATC or Text Window)? One thing you could try (and I'm not sure if this will help), is completely close X-Plane and locate a file in the root X-Plane folder called "imgui.ini" and delete it, then restart X-Plane and try again. Let me know your results.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Martin Henne
Posted
Posted

Hello Justin. Yes, I see the other plugin GUIs in the 11.50 beta. Makes sense that if 1.2.1 supports OpenGL only, I cannot see the planes. However, I am very glad that ATC works stable, as this is the important part. 

For the imgui.ini: I can't find that file in the X-Plane folder. Not in the root folder and not in any sub folders. So deleting it is impossible and - unnecessary 🙂

Martin 

Martin Henne
Posted
Posted

Why has this thread been marked as solved? I still don't see the menu.

Paul Woods
Posted
Posted

The problem has been solved for myself ---- had to download x pilot and reinstall pointing in the right direction to x plane etc then downlload bluebell again -- extract --- copy to the csl file using the proper route etc ----- let me know if you are still having problems and I will tyr to be more specific --- also x plane must not be running whilst you are doing all of this .

Paul Woods
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Mats Edvin Aaro said:

Paul, please refrain from writing in all caps and use exclamations to the extent that you do. It won't make your point any clearer. Thanks.

You mean take off the personal edge to what I am saying . What is the problem here ? These days people will complain about anything . Not only is freedom of speech under attack but also freedom to express oneself as an individual . Capitals and exclamation marks are my way of expressing my frustration . So , i suppose that frustration is no longer allowed . The world is changing and not for the good .

Martin Henne
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Paul Woods said:

The problem has been solved for myself ---- had to download x pilot and reinstall pointing in the right direction to x plane etc then downlload bluebell again -- extract --- copy to the csl file using the proper route etc ----- let me know if you are still having problems and I will tyr to be more specific --- also x plane must not be running whilst you are doing all of this .

Hello Paul. I did what you did (as far as you described it). Still have not menues available to activate the CSL and to set the right path. Are you using Vulkan? 

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Paul Woods said:

You mean take off the personal edge to what I am saying . What is the problem here ? These days people will complain about anything . Not only is freedom of speech under attack but also freedom to express oneself as an individual . Capitals and exclamation marks are my way of expressing my frustration . So , i suppose that frustration is no longer allowed . The world is changing and not for the good .

You don't need to write in all caps for your point to come across, I don't really understand how that is infringing on your freedom of speech and expression. If you want to get help, write a post about your problem in a calm and structured manner, instead of yelling for help like you did. This is not your personal ranting platform, that has been the case for many years, so yes the world might be changing for the worse, but this forum isn't. 🙂

It wasn't really a question either, I am more telling you to not write in all caps. I could have deleted your topic, but I choose to lock it and leave it up. Please don't continue "expressing your frustration" in the matter that you did.

Have a nice weekend. 🙂

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

• Mats Edvin Aaro locked this topic