You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

disconnect when trying to set it up in game

Libby Gibson

Libby Gibson
Posted
Posted

when in game when im trying to set up squak box it always disconnects and i cant hear anyone on the audio for vatim app i went over my settings twice to see if that was why i cant hear anyone and it wasnt please help

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

What simulator and which client version are you using?

Me.

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted
On 5/15/2020 at 1:21 AM, Libby Gibson said:

when in game when im trying to set up squak box it always disconnects and i cant hear anyone on the audio for vatim app i went over my settings twice to see if that was why i cant hear anyone and it wasnt please help

Do not run the standalone AFV and XSquawkbox together - it doesn't work and isn't necessary since the release of 2.0.  If you do, the two clients fight each other for control.

This fact has been communicated both in the XSquawkBox FAQ (see the entry titled "How do I use voice-over-IP with XSquawkBox") and in the most recent version of the AFV user guide (Revision 5, dated 27 March 2020).  Native AFV support has been part of XSquawkBox 2.0 since it's first beta in November 2019.

PTT and other controls for XSquawkBox are set up per the instructions in the XSB2 manual.

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.