You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

X-Plane Beta 9 xPilot Crash

Kieran Harvey

Kieran Harvey
Posted
Posted

Hello,

First post on these forums! 🙂

I experienced a crash to desktop today while using xPilot in X-Plane Beta 9. xPilot has been very stable for me in 11.50 up to this point, but was definitely the cause of a crash just now, I believe XP may have changed something to do with the Map. I was just at Top of Climb, opened up the map with the 'M' key and as the map made its normal jump from the view present when you close it to the current position of the aircraft I got a crash to Desktop.

This exact type of crash used to happen in previous Traffic Global versions too but that has been very stable since and at the time it was turned off completely, through the plugin Admin.

The Log.txt confirms is was a crash due to xPilot, wondering if it is going to keep crashing and how frequently, if often looks like I am not able to fly online until a fix is available.

Curious to hear other experiences in Beta 9 of similar nature?

My Log.txt is attached for anyone interested in reading it  🙂

And my xPilot version is 1.3.7.

Log.txt: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m41zcvizgnyw5kd/Log.txt?dl=0

Thanks

Kieran.

Mike Blackburn
Posted
Posted

I have had similar twice since updating to the 11.50b9.

here is my log file

Malcolm Grant
Posted
Posted

Xpilot regularly crashes 11.50b6 , see my post below. 

Malcolm Grant
Posted
Posted

Guess I better update to 9b as no one is going to fix a bug in b6. Interesting to note from the release notes that laminar reckon the SDK has all that add on developers need. 

Karl Miller
Posted
Posted

Crashed for me after about 20 minutes of flying. Nothing was visually happening with XPilot at the time. I was VFR on unicom with no other traffic transmitting. Not doing anything to pinpoint a crash, just flying..

--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: xPilot}==--

Raphael Soliman
Posted
Posted

Same Thing happened for me multiple times on Beta9.