You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

rip the dash 8

Johnathan Guif

Johnathan Guif
Posted
Posted

these are some pictures of an early morning flight out of Charlotte Douglas International inbound to Wilmington, NC operating as Piedmont 4595. its a shame American retired these.

q100 ae.png

134245.png

09876321345.png

Untitled.jpg

Johnathan Guif
Posted
Posted

sorry that the pictures aren't  in order

nebojsa milosavljevic
Posted
Posted

Beautiful shots.

nebojsa

Johnathan Guif
Posted
Posted (edited)

thanks. 

Edited by Johnathan Guif

• 6 months later...
Jim Rish
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2020 at 10:38 PM, Johnathan Guif said:

these are some pictures of an early morning flight out of Charlotte Douglas International inbound to Wilmington, NC operating as Piedmont 4595. its a shame American retired these.

You're right. Besides the Concorde SSC, the Dash8B is my favorite aircraft. 🏄‍♀️ Always will be.    

Dash8B.png

Edited by Jim Rish
add picture
  • Haha 1

rocksalot.png

Jim Rish
Posted
Posted

If you ever feel like it, try the route from Heathrow to EGNC sometime, in the Dash. It's made to order.   ULTIB T420 TNT N57 POL N601 INPIP.

rocksalot.png

Johnathan Guif
Posted
Posted

Thanks. I'll try it sometime. What Airline would you recommend.  Flybe?

Jim Rish
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Johnathan Guif said:

No. Not for the flight to Carlisle. Carlisle is where you go sightseeing. If you use the bigger model  Flybe uses, instead of your American, the just fly out of EGLL to Dusseldorf [BPK7F BPK Q295 BRAIN M197 REDFA L620 PAM P62 UNKAR TEBRO TEBR3G]. That's what that dash model is best for. Back and forth from England to Hamburg, Dusseldorf, or Frankfurt.     

flybe.png

rocksalot.png

Jim Rish
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Johnathan Guif said:

And what I recommend, besides what you already have, that is for the EGLL to EGNC route, is my favorite. WiderØe. Always has been. It's just that I don't have it.  This is my favorite Dash, and my favorite airline paint. Always will be.

Berlevag-lufthavn-wideroe-dash8.jpg

rocksalot.png

Jim Rish
Posted
Posted
On 12/3/2020 at 8:40 PM, Johnathan Guif said:

Now that I look at your plane, it reminds me of Squawkbox 4.0, which I liked, but I just can't get it to work anymore. If you do use squawkbox, do they have that livery for your dash8 in the american's list? That what I always wanted to see if if I could check whatever aircraft to make sure it actually showed up with the paint. The same way with me and selecting the WiderØe livery. Would it actually show up for you? What steam does, is it just goes to default, if it's a 747, or whatever, or just select another type of aircraft. That's what I've never done on this thing. Check and see what paint was actually on the aircraft, which you both must have. 

• Haha 1

rocksalot.png

Johnathan Guif
Posted
Posted

The Airplane is actually a DreamWings model. I found it on Avsim.  There is something that You can add to FSX to make it show the real world airplane/livery. (with a few exceptions)  I can try to find a WiderØe for you if you'd like.

• 3 weeks later...
Jim Rish
Posted
Posted
On 12/7/2020 at 2:35 PM, Johnathan Guif said:

The Airplane is actually a DreamWings model. I found it on Avsim.  There is something that You can add to FSX to make it show the real world airplane/livery. (with a few exceptions)  I can try to find a WiderØe for you if you'd like.

Sure. Do you need my  airplane .ini and texture files?  Then, we would both have it. I also presume you don't use squawkbox IV. Right?  🤷‍♀️

rocksalot.png

Jim Rish
Posted
Posted
On 12/7/2020 at 2:37 PM, Johnathan Guif said:

So the paints cover the replacement of the .bmp in the texture folder, or what?  Or do they give you decals and paint to go to the DXT editor and do it yourself? 🎥

rocksalot.png

Jonas Helkey
Posted
Posted

FLAi installs a huge load of models and gives you a model matching list to load into your pilot client. Sorry, no idea if there's anything particular about Squawkbox in this context, but as far as installing the models and liveries, you don't have to do nothing yourself. FLAi is about as "install and forget" as you can get in flight sims.