You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

cpdlc CPDLC vSMR / Topsky

Elias Stassinos

Elias Stassinos
Posted
Posted

I have already posted this to Topsky's forum but i wanted to ask here also for the people that have been using CPDLC with Topsky with success.

I have been testing CPDLC . vSMR's DCL/PDC tested out ok.

I tried to test the same with Topsky (2.2.1 b11) and i met difficulties:

On our DCL test i keep getting this:

Snipaste_2020-05-20_08-51-46.png.40f2a959c684fa32cf25100be256dda8.png

Logon was ok, Telex was ok, but we got stuck in PDC as i wasn't able to take action on it, prob ably cause of the "MESSAGE NOT SUPPORTED" message.

Also there wasn't any indication in the departure list (actually i cant find a filed to add in the TAG)

Any idea what am i doing wrong?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings

image.png

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted (edited)

The request must in a exact format. The format that will work is this one in the picture. I am quite sure this was also written in the developer manual.

So unless you write the message in the correct format, it will not work for you. The FSLabs and Hoppies own CPDLC tool does this and it works.

image.png

Edited by Morten Jelle

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

If you want to check all Hoppie ACARS messages in real time, use this link: http://www.hoppie.nl/acars/system/log.html

This way you can verify if the pilot sent the request with the correct format. Do you what CPDLC client that pilot used? Did he send you a Telex message or did he use the pre-defined PDC-page?

Oliver Gruetzmann
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Morten Jelle said:

The request must in a exact format. The format that will work is this one in the picture.

Which is a really weird format for something, that is a well defined message (but I know where it comes from :))

Elias Stassinos
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ok Guys , thanks. I will check it out first by reusing messages to check validity and then i will test it in my ATC sessions.

One question more.

In the manual says that there will be an indication in the departure list , but i dont see any field there and there is no available field that i can add to the Departure list. Does the CLR field appear automatically or something?

Also i would need a working setup for TopSky PDLC in order to dig into and see the necessary changes/additions i need to make it work. Where can i find the setup of vACC's that have it working for them?

I found portugal's case here: https://github.com/pinatacolada/topskylppc

Edited by Elias Stassinos

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream

image.png

Elias Stassinos
Posted
Posted
On 5/20/2020 at 12:06 PM, Morten Jelle said:

The request must in a exact format. The format that will work is this one in the picture. I am quite sure this was also written in the developer manual.

So unless you write the message in the correct format, it will not work for you. The FSLabs and Hoppies own CPDLC tool does this and it works.

image.png

IS there any way that TopSky will work in a sweatbox session? When i start sweatbox , the TopSky CONNECT button for CPDLC is not active. vSMR works though for PDC...

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted
On 5/21/2020 at 7:45 AM, Elias Stassinos said:

In the manual says that there will be an indication in the departure list , but i dont see any field there and there is no available field that i can add to the Departure list. Does the CLR field appear automatically or something?

No, once you have loaded the plugin, you will have to edit the departure list and add a column and use the button function "TopSky Plugin / Open PDC Menu". I have simply added that as a right click over the "Clearance Received Flag".

On 5/21/2020 at 7:45 AM, Elias Stassinos said:

Where can i find the setup of vACC's that have it working for them?

Finland, Sweden and Denmark in Scandinavia has working setups using TopSky. But I suggest you don't do copy paste, but use it as references together with the developer manual.

On 5/21/2020 at 8:39 PM, Elias Stassinos said:

IS there any way that TopSky will work in a sweatbox session? When i start sweatbox , the TopSky CONNECT button for CPDLC is not active. vSMR works though for PDC...

I can imagine that CPDLC only will work when connected to the VATSIM Network in order to avoid confusion, but I don't really know for sure. What I did was having a few people flying around in my airspace whilst controlling. Which can be quite fun at the same time. 😉

• Like 1

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

Elias Stassinos
Posted
Posted

Thank you very much!

image.png