You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

The mic gets stuck way too often

Dino Norrman

Dino Norrman
Posted
Posted

I think it happens when you alt-tab between xPilot and/or other windows. Then the controller has to write "hey your mic is stuck". It happened three times now. The program should probably check whether the push-to-talk button is down or not, regardless fo which window is in focus.

• 2 weeks later...
GDPR-removed
Posted
Posted

How many monitors do you have? If you think alt+tab is the problem you could have xpilot on another screen like me. I also think that it gets stuck because it's not recognizing that you released the button. Release it before you alt+tab and you should be good. Also try to (when your mic is stuck) click your ptt-button once so it "updates".

• 4 months later...
Eric Rolfe
Posted
Posted

Simmers,

I am having a stuck mic problem also. 

Using X-pilot and X-plane, 11. PTT is assigned to a button on the Alpha yoke.

Sometimes it works normally.

Sometimes the TX box in x-pilot show green (transmitting) when I'm not holding the button down, and pressing and releasing PTT has no effect. And I get the boot from ATC 🙂

Sometimes I get complaints from ATC about a stuck mic when neither TX box is showing green.

Is there a dataref  or other diagnostic I can display to help isolate the problem. 

It seems unlikely that this relatively new yoke is the source of the problem....

Cheers,

Eric

Christoph Reule
Posted
Posted

In order to avoid such an unwanted "hot mic" situation I looked at ways to create a visual "notification" (e. g. a small green rectangle) while transmitting on COM via LUA, but gave up since I couldn't find a reasonable dataref to fetch.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

I got a couple "stuck mic" notices during a recent group flight, too, from other pilots on 122.8.  Fortunately we were also all in a Discord server so they had another easy way to reach me.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png