You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

How do I get started?

Mark Dewey 984447

Mark Dewey 984447
Posted
Posted

I have registered and have a user name and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word. I can' find anywhere how to actually start my first flight. I have downloaded squawkbox and and FSUIPC. I'm not an idiot, but I feel like one right now. PLEASE HELP!

Matthew Horan 901577
Posted
Posted

Loads of help right here -> www.vatsim.net/prc

Welcome

Mark Dewey 984447
Posted
Posted

I have been all over that page. How do I actually get online in multiplayer? Do I start up FS2004 and click on multiplayer? Do I start with a flight plan then start FS? Do I log on somewhere first? If there's a page that explains this, I havent't found it and I've spent a couple hours looking! I'm sorry. Apparently, I need to be led by the hand to get started.

Thanks for the help.

Mark

Ruth McTighe 824054
Posted
Posted
I have been all over that page. How do I actually get online in multiplayer? Do I start up FS2004 and click on multiplayer? Do I start with a flight plan then start FS? Do I log on somewhere first? If there's a page that explains this, I havent't found it and I've spent a couple hours looking! I'm sorry. Apparently, I need to be led by the hand to get started.

Thanks for the help.

Mark

I suspect you haven't found the right section in the PRC. Section 103 tells you all about how to set up your software and get online. Basically, once your have installed Squawkbox (and you don't need FSUIPC - it's built in) you open MSFS first, then Squawkbox (from the modules menu in FS), then log on, then file your flight plan.

Ruth

VATGOV7

Vice Presdient - Communications

Ruth McTighe

Heathrow Director, Essex Radar, Thames Radar, London Information

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]t webmistress CIX VFR Club http://www.cixvfrclub.org.uk/

Webmistress Plan-G http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/

Now not a VATanything

• 2 weeks later...
John Lauer 969019
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the help.

Mark

I suspect you haven't found the right section in the PRC. Section 103 tells you all about how to set up your software and get online. Basically, once your have installed Squawkbox (and you don't need FSUIPC - it's built in) you open MSFS first, then Squawkbox (from the modules menu in FS), then log on, then file your flight plan.

Ruth

VATGOV7

Is this the same procedure if you are using FSX and FSInn 1.2 ? There is no modules menu in FSX. So how do you start FSInn from within FSX?

Ruth McTighe 824054
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the help.

Mark

Ruth

VATGOV7

Is this the same procedure if you are using FSX and FSInn 1.2 ? There is no modules menu in FSX. So how do you start FSInn from within FSX?

FSInn for FS9 uses a drop downmenu called CoPilot - I presume it's the same for FSX. Have you looked at www.vatsim.net/prc?

Ruth

Ruth McTighe

Heathrow Director, Essex Radar, Thames Radar, London Information

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]t webmistress CIX VFR Club http://www.cixvfrclub.org.uk/

Webmistress Plan-G http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/

Now not a VATanything

John Lauer 969019
Posted
Posted

Yes I have read the reference you mentioned.

Apparently, FSX defaults the menu system to a hidden state. To activate the menu drop down system in FSX, you need to hit the 'ALT' key and the Co-Pilot drop down menu is then available. Unfortunately there is no docomeentation indicating that that action needs to take place.

For the newbies (like myself) knowing the function of the 'ALT' key would have made this issue a non-issue.