You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xPilot Alpha 1.3.12-Alpha Now Available

Justin Shannon

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted (edited)

Version 1.3.12-Alpha (previously 1.3.11) of xPilot is now available for download from the web site, or via the automatic update utility built into the pilot client (if you have the "Alpha" update channel selected in the settings).

The following items were changed, added or fixed in this version:

• Allow plugin GUI windows to be moved
  • Add missing aircraft callsign labels to X-Plane map
  • Add nullptr check to TCP messaging socke
  • Additional sanity checks for missing or misconfigured CSL paths
  • Fix ASSERT error when updating CSL paths
  • Fix imgui font atlas to prevent font artifacts when opening and closing a window
  • Update libzmq to latest version
  • Refactor plugin configuration management
  • Refactor aircraft label color management; color options are now buttons instead of radio buttons
  • TCAS now working (X-Plane 11.50b8 or newer only). TCAS is not supported in earlier versions of X-Plane
  • Possible fix for plugin GUI windows not showing for some users (needs further testing)

Edit - Known Issue: The plugin GUI windows (preferences, nearby ATC, text window) cannot be moved when opened. Fix coming soon.  xPilot 1.3.12 fixes the issue with plugin GUI windows not being able to be moved.

It is very important that you close X-Plane completely before installing xPilot. Failure to do so will prevent xPilot from being installed correctly.

Edited by Justin Shannon
Update to 1.3.12

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Shameel Ahmed said:

Look in the output/crash_reports folder for a dmp and/or rpt file from the crash. Also, upload the respective NetworkLog and PluginLog (found in the xPilot app folder) from the session (if they still exist). 

Shameel Ahmed
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, Justin Shannon said:

Look in the output/crash_reports folder for a dmp and/or rpt file from the crash. Also, upload the respective NetworkLog and PluginLog (found in the xPilot app folder) from the session (if they still exist). 

sorry xpilot reports are overwritten now. how do i send you the dmp file

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Shameel Ahmed said:

sorry xpilot reports are overwritten now. how do i send you the dmp file

Can you upload it to Google Drive?

Shameel Ahmed
Posted
Posted

Christian Maesing
Posted
Posted

Can confirm that 1.3.12 makes XP 11 crash immediately upon launch of xPilot. Had 1.3.10 installed previously, and it worked without any issues.

Have tested this in multiple locations with multiple aircraft - the error remains.

Do we have the possibility to download any of the older versions?

Thanks

Ivan Szymanski
Posted
Posted (edited)

+1 Only in Busy Airports apparently. Maybe we can limit the amount of TCAS? 

It crashes both with Vulkan activated or disabled

I'm gonna try to go back to 1.3.10 or 1.2 if not working either

Edited by Ivan Szymanski

Jan Fries
Posted
Posted

My guess would be that xPilot might try to load or do something it shouldn't related to a specific case one other user has.

I did a flight yesterday from ESSA to EDDM and apart from the behaviour my plane showed sometimes everything went great.

Today (more specifically about half an hour ago) I tried to fly from LOWW to EIDW and somewhere over Germany xPilot crashed X-Plane and since then I wasn't able to be logged on to Vatsim for longer than 15 seconds before it crashed X-Plane. I could track it down precisely that it would only crash after connecting to Vatsim. So maybe there is a specific case one plane has, that makes xPilot try to do something it shouldn't. That's about that what Visual Studio's Debugger tells me as well, that it tried to write somewhere in xPilot.xpl which it couldn't.

Here are all the logs after my last attempt to get back online, unfortunatly no crash dumps were created by X-Plane.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ndv6uiya7p4tjv5/AAC5Mb0OT69twrP2bGrbSD29a?dl=0

I'm using xPilot 1.3.12 and X-Plane 11.50b9.

Matthew Crawford
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Jan Fries said:

My guess would be that xPilot might try to load or do something it shouldn't related to a specific case one other user has.

I did a flight yesterday from ESSA to EDDM and apart from the behaviour my plane showed sometimes everything went great.

Today (more specifically about half an hour ago) I tried to fly from LOWW to EIDW and somewhere over Germany xPilot crashed X-Plane and since then I wasn't able to be logged on to Vatsim for longer than 15 seconds before it crashed X-Plane. I could track it down precisely that it would only crash after connecting to Vatsim. So maybe there is a specific case one plane has, that makes xPilot try to do something it shouldn't. That's about that what Visual Studio's Debugger tells me as well, that it tried to write somewhere in xPilot.xpl which it couldn't.

Here are all the logs after my last attempt to get back online, unfortunatly no crash dumps were created by X-Plane.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ndv6uiya7p4tjv5/AAC5Mb0OT69twrP2bGrbSD29a?dl=0

I'm using xPilot 1.3.12 and X-Plane 11.50b9.

I'm having the same issue on & off. I was trying to do KDEN-KBUR-KSJC on Saturday for the big event. xPilot was working perfectly fine until after I tried reconnecting after landing in KBUR with a new flight number. xPilot would almost immediately crash the sim with nothing in the Log.txt, nor any semblance of a crash dump anywhere except a generic Event Viewer tag pointing to xPilot every time I tried connecting. The issue seems to be intermittent since it worked perfectly fine up until essentially that hour on Saturday, and it's been working fine all day today so far. 

xPilot 1.3.12 on X-Plane 11.50b9 (Vulkan)

Edited by Matthew Crawford
Updated information.

ASUS PRIME X570-PRO | AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | 32GB 3600MHz CL16 | GeForce GTX 1070 | 1080p 1440p(Primary) 1440p 1080p | HTC Vive

Matthew Crawford
Posted
Posted

Scratch that last message of mine where I said it's working fine now. I just had another two CTD's with 1.3.12 trying to fly the event in Colorado this afternoon, and continue to have this issue when connecting ANYWHERE.

Incomplete Log.txt, and no xPilot crash dumps to speak of outside of Event Viewer.

ASUS PRIME X570-PRO | AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | 32GB 3600MHz CL16 | GeForce GTX 1070 | 1080p 1440p(Primary) 1440p 1080p | HTC Vive

Joseph Rocco
Posted
Posted (edited)

1.3.12 is NOT stable and now it will not allow Better pushback to work. I have confirmed this with 3 other pilots as well. Going back to older Beta1.2.1.0 seems to work ,however no data tags is not great for VATSIM. Continual smoke issue coming from tires is a bit much . Can you upload 1.3.10 ? as that seemed to work best.  Thanks for the effort !

Edited by Joseph Rocco

Matthew Crawford
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Joseph Rocco said:

1.3.12 is NOT stable and now it will not allow Better pushback to work. I have confirmed this with 3 other pilots as well. Going back to older Beta1.2.1.0 seems to work ,however no data tags is not great for VATSIM. Continual smoke issue coming from tires is a bit much . Can you upload 1.3.10 ? as that seemed to work best.  Thanks for the effort !

I haven't had the Better Pushback, or tire smoke issues in my case, at least. I would agree on 1.3.10, though, or just a patch for a future version. As I am running 11.50b9 with Vulkan, as far as I know I am not able to run the Beta branch for xPilot, so I have no choice but to run 1.3.12 right now, which doesn't work.

Ivan Szymanski
Posted
Posted

There is a FIX for the 1.3.12 version in the xPilot Discord. Now, i guess that if its not uploaded yet its for a reason and a new version solving the issues  is coming out anytime soon.

Hope that helps! Cheers!

• Like 1

antony bealby
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Matthew Crawford said:

I'm having the same issue on & off. I was trying to do KDEN-KBUR-KSJC on Saturday for the big event. xPilot was working perfectly fine until after I tried reconnecting after landing in KBUR with a new flight number. xPilot would almost immediately crash the sim with nothing in the Log.txt, nor any semblance of a crash dump anywhere except a generic Event Viewer tag pointing to xPilot every time I tried connecting. The issue seems to be intermittent since it worked perfectly fine up until essentially that hour on Saturday, and it's been working fine all day today so far. 

xPilot 1.3.12 on X-Plane 11.50b

Nico Paetzold
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Joseph Rocco said:

i did use 1.3.12 together with better pushback and vulkan and it did work for me

Matthew Crawford
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Ivan Szymanski said:

There is a FIX for the 1.3.12 version in the xPilot Discord. Now, i guess that if its not uploaded yet its for a reason and a new version solving the issues  is coming out anytime soon.

Hope that helps! Cheers!

I'll have a look. Thank's for the tip.

• Justin Shannon locked and unpinned this topic