You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

What do these options mean?

Richard Asberg

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Maybe it's a simple RTFM thing but just updated to the latest Alpha version of xPilot and noticed these options

31943364_Greenshot2020-05-2719_30_20-X-System.jpg.e4bd09b0e65d2e8347299156e29dc0c0.jpg

Richard Åsberg

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Hehe, definitely the former 😛 

Check the “Plugin Settings” section in the docs. http://xpilot.clowd.io/docs

• Like 1

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Brilliant, many thanks buddy!

Richard Åsberg

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

And a follow-up question after reading the doc, will private messages send by ATC such as "Please contact me on xxx.xxx" also be displayed in the radio message window in the latest version? I'm now on 1.3.14.

Because in earlier versions of xPilot, it seemed I would only see text sent on the channel currently tuned. While private messages which end up in a new tab in the main xPilot UI didn't show in the radio message window. Which is a bummer when you're flying in VR. Since that means you'll have to take your VR glasses off to see who asked you to contact them.

I'm not sure if you saw it already, but speaking of flying in VR, a wet dream of mine is to have the most basic info such as nearby ATC and text messages directly in AviTab/the Zibo mod EFB. That would truly be awesome and even when I'm no coder myself, I like to think that wouldn't be too hard to implement.

But what do I know 😄

Richard Åsberg

GDPR-removed
Posted
Posted

I belive that private messages will appear in the radio messages, they do for me if I remember correctly.

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

They didn't in the version of xPilot I was previously using but that might have changed.

I'm now on the latest Alpha version but haven't been in a situation yet where I've been able to confirm it.

Richard Åsberg