You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

SR71 question.

Ruben Commijs

Ruben Commijs
Posted
Posted

Is it allowed to fly the SR71 blackbird on vatsim or would i need to join a special division to be allowed to fly the SR71 on VATSIM? Just double checking!

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

Yes you can, as long as you fly it like a "regular" plane, and abide by ATC instructions. ๐Ÿ™‚ย The SR71 does not perform many of activities stated in the vSOA policy, so yes you can. ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

From personal experience, I can tell you that not everyone knows that you're allowed to fly that plane. If you follow ATC instructions, you should be good. ๐Ÿ™‚ Remember that you can always consult a supervisor if available by using the ".wallop" command, and that should be done if someone is trying to get you to do something and you're not sure if they are correct in doing so.

That's probably a very strange way of phrasing it, but I'm tired after a long day. ๐Ÿ˜›ย Let me know if anything is unclear!

Mats Edvin Aarรธ
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Ruben Commijs
Posted
Posted

Thank you! Im still trying to get to know her but it will be loads of fun zooming past everyone at such high altitudes! ๐Ÿ™‚