You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

1.3.14 causing crashes

Malcolm Grant

Malcolm Grant
Posted
Posted

Happend twice now a few minutes after connecting to vatsim, full log available and crash dumps if required

0:03:55.328 I/PLG: The plugin xPilot 1.3.14 is setting global TCAS override to 1.
0:03:55.328 xPilot/XPMP2 INFO  AIMultiplayer.cpp:583/XPMPMultiplayerEnable: Have control now over AI/Multiplayer planes
--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: [XPLM_PLUGIN_XPLANE]}==--

GDPR-removed
Posted
Posted

It's wierd that the XPLM plugin itself is the cause of the crash. Can you upload the log to something like Google Drive or Mediafire and me (or somone else) can take a look at it. At first clance tho you should probably reinstall Xpilot so all the nessecary files is added.

Malcolm Grant
Posted
Posted

I’ll up load the log and crash dump later today. I’ll reinstall 1.3.14 as well.
Do I uninstall the current version by just deleting the xPilot directory on the C drive and deleting the plugin?

GDPR-removed
Posted
Posted

That's what I did when uninstalling.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Perfect, thanks. 

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Malcolm Grant
Posted
Posted

No probs

Malcolm Grant
Posted
Posted

still no joy.  Did a complete reinstall of 1.3.14 after deleting the folder in AppData and the Plugin.  But it crashed x-plane as soon as i logged  onto vatsim.  Log file available.

0:06:28.958 I/PLG: The plugin xPilot 1.3.14 is setting global TCAS override to 1.
0:06:28.958 xPilot/XPMP2 INFO  AIMultiplayer.cpp:583/XPMPMultiplayerEnable: Have control now over AI/Multiplayer planes
--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: [XPLM_PLUGIN_XPLANE]}==--

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

I haven’t had time to look at your log files yet; however, since you’re running 1.3.14, try disabling the xPilot TCAS through the X-Plane plugin menu and then try connecting. You probably have a plugin that isn’t playing nice with the new TCAS API (ActiveSky and littlexpconnect have been the two big ones). 

Malcolm Grant
Posted
Posted

Hi Justin

I am indeed running both littlexpconnect and ActiveSky plugins.  However disabled TCAS and that seems to have fixed it though I dont understand what disbeling TCAS actually does?  Was working fine with both LNM and AS loaded.

So all good.  Do I need TCAS for VFR flight?

Malcolm

GDPR-removed
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Malcolm Grant said:

Hi Justin

I am indeed running both littlexpconnect and ActiveSky plugins.  However disabled TCAS and that seems to have fixed it though I dont understand what disbeling TCAS actually does?  Was working fine with both LNM and AS loaded.

So all good.  Do I need TCAS for VFR flight?

Malcolm

It's often required

Kjeld Sennejunker
Posted
Posted

Similar problem here that appeared "out of the blue". When connecting Xpilot as_xconnect crashed.

0:06:23.844 I/PLG: The plugin xPilot 1.3.14 is setting global TCAS override to 1.
0:06:23.844 xPilot/XPMP2 INFO  AIMultiplayer.cpp:583/XPMPMultiplayerEnable: Have control now over AI/Multiplayer planes
--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: as_xconnect}==--

Any idea?

Jan Fries
Posted
Posted (edited)

For myself I can confirm that it is definetly the combination of xPilot and ActiveSky which crashes X-Plane, for whatever reason.

I tried the follow scenarios:

- everything as per normal, activated TCAS, AS (ActiveSky) active => Sim crashes as soon as I try to connect to Vatsim

- TCAS deactivated, AS active => connecting doesn't crash the sim anymore

- TCAS activated, AS not active => everything works just fine

- TCAS activated, activating AS after connecting to Vatsim => sim crashes immediatly when ticking the box to load the plugin

I will try if not another plugin might influence all of that, but I guess all users of AS might have to wait for an update of AS so everything gets back working...

I also will try out if some settings or a fresh install of AS has an influence on the behaviour, I already completely wiped xPilot and reinstalled it with no effect at all.

Edit:

Next test: no plugins besides xPilot and AS => still crashes when connecting.

Another note: at least for me it has no effect which plane I use.

Edited by Jan Fries

Malcolm Grant
Posted
Posted

Good to get it narrowed down. Need AS more than I need TCAS. Only flying the  Just Flight Robin in VR at the moment. Wonder if HiFi are waiting for 11.50 release before updating. 

Jan Fries
Posted
Posted

Good news! (Maybe?)

I did a complete reinstall of ActiveSky and I noticed that in the plugins folder there was a folder named "ASXP" and "ASXPConnect". Prior to the reinstall I deleted both folders and after reinstall only "ASXPConnect" is there. So my guess would be that this got changed in an update of AS and not deleted, possibly loading the "wrong" plugin if it is old data.

At the moment it works splendid! I am able to connect to the still a little bit busy EDDF, can see all planes, weather works and TCAS works as well.

So concluding it might be worth a shot to find out if there is an additional folder named "ASXP" in the plugins folder of X-Plane and just delete that. Or even delete all of the ASXP folders in the plugin folders and reinstall the plugin when starting AS.

I hope this is a permanent "fix" and would love to hear if others can solve this whole mess via this method!

Malcolm Grant
Posted
Posted

Sounds very promising, I’ll give it a try. 

Kjeld Sennejunker
Posted
Posted

I had the problem though did not have the ASXP folder.

Will try disabling TCAS for now

Jan Fries
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well apparently that still hasn't worked, but today there was a new beta released of Ative Sky, which should fix those crashes. So it should be worth to download that beta, it isn't in their "update messages" feed yet.

Edited by Jan Fries

• 4 months later...
Thomas Michael
Posted
Posted

This also has happened to me. It looks like it suddenly crashed after loading stuff...

Here my crash log : https://pastebin.com/TJjGKG4g

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

The log doesn't explicitly name xPilot as the cause of the crash... However, you could start here: