You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Intermittent audio from other pilots

Richard Hepworth

Richard Hepworth
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi,

I regularly fly the TBM 900 and I can always hear the controller for the frequency I'm on but sometimes I can't hear other pilots. In flight now and I was initially able to hear another pilot but then at some point that stopped. I know he is voice transmitting as the controller is responding to him as though he can hear him. There are other pilots around me who I haven't heard at all and others I've heard all transmissions.

xpilot version 1.2.1.0

Thanks

Edited by Richard Hepworth

GDPR-removed
Posted
Posted

Why do you want to hear other pilots in the first place? (Just wondering)

Anyways, I think that something is wrong with your Xpilot settings. (Both in xpilot.exe and the xplane in-game plugin prefrences) I'm not an engineer but looking over the settings might be a good place to start.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

It's normal, and realistic. If two pilots on the opposite end of a controller's area are talking, it's possible they can both hear the controller but not each other.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

GDPR-removed
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Robert Shearman Jr said:

It's normal, and realistic. If two pilots on the opposite end of a controller's area are talking, it's possible they can both hear the controller but not each other.

Haha, even I learned something new!

Tom Szczypinski
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Max Tangen said:

Haha, even I learned something new!

VHF signal degradation! See the AFV guide here (section 5.3.2) that explains it, and section 5.3.3 gives you some scenarios and explains them using nice diagrams and graphics.

Tom Szczypinski
VATSIM Primary Operations Inspector
VATSIM VA Audit Manager

3OFjrxm.png