You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vpilot Crashing

Khaled Haq

Khaled Haq
Posted
Posted

Hello,

My Vpilot works very well, yet these days I have noticed that the application can only stay open for roughly an hour before crashing. When it is restarted the flight plan information is completely different. Can anyone tell help me understand what I should do to fix this problem?

Event Viewer Log:

Application: vPilot.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.ArgumentException

Faulting application name: vPilot.exe, version: 2.5.2.0, time stamp: 0x5e9a2c44
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.815, time stamp: 0x67005c2a
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x00114402
Faulting process id: 0x354
Faulting application start time: 0x01d637ab961c5a7a
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Khaled\AppData\Local\vPilot\vPilot.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 87872986-31df-4933-91da-a00e172169cc
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Fault bucket 1204350805451687193, type 5
Event Name: CLR20r3
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: vPilot.exe
P2: 2.5.2.0
P3: 5e9a2c44
P4: System.Drawing
P5: 4.8.3752.0
P6: 5c7a23f7
P7: 2f
P8: 0
P9: System.ArgumentException
P10:

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9E05.tmp.mdmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERA5F6.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERA616.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERA624.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERA644.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_vPilot.exe_1cfff27aecccfd6c7e94373e531a9462fc7e91c_db409711_e727f2bc-2fc6-4eae-88f1-6cde4f4be7e3

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 87872986-31df-4933-91da-a00e172169cc
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: 36afdcd2f01efed300b6b6ad37e74519
Cab Guid: 0

Thank you,

KH

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

When you say that the flight plan is completely different, what do you mean by that? Can you elaborate? I'm hoping this might provide some clues as to the cause of the crash.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Khaled Haq
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Ross Carlson said:

When you say that the flight plan is completely different, what do you mean by that? Can you elaborate? I'm hoping this might provide some clues as to the cause of the crash.

I meant the flightplan and flight details of my previous flight flown with Vpilot populates the text boxes as opposed to the most recent details that were entered. If i was flying KSEA-KSFO and vPilot crashed, it would restart with the details of my previous flight, KSFO-KSEA

Khaled Haq
Posted
Posted

Any insights?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

When the crash occurs, do you get any sort of popup error? You should get an unhandled exception popup with a button to show the details of the error.

Khaled Haq
Posted
Posted
On 6/9/2020 at 5:27 AM, Ross Carlson said:

When the crash occurs, do you get any sort of popup error? You should get an unhandled exception popup with a button to show the details of the error.

Yes, 

I do get an error with details, but I couldn't capture the details during my flight so I decided to take it from the event viewer. All of that information is posted in the original post.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Next time, see if you can get the details of the popup exception, that will contain the stack trace, which I need.

Khaled Haq
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

Next time, see if you can get the details of the popup exception, that will contain the stack trace, which I need.

I just completed a flight and it crashed two times, unfortunately it didn't produce an unhandled exception error window on both events like it used to. I'll keep trying, but if there is anyway I can find that stack trace elsewhere I can get it for ya!

Thx