You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Xpilot is crashing and no airplanes are visible

• xpilot

GDPR-removed

GDPR-removed
Posted
Posted

So, I have used XSquawkBox for a while but decided to switch over to Xpilot. Now I suffer major issues. First of all, it crashes every 5-10 minutes. I have a pretty good computer and no other tabs are open, so that shouldn't happen. I also don't have any plugins, except for one that is neccesary for my Saitek switch panel. My other problem is that when Xpilot and X-plane 11 is up'n running, no aircrafts are visible. That is of course a big issue because I need to see the planes that are taxiing, departing, e.t.c.

So, do anyone have the same problem, or have any idea how to fix this?

Much appreciated, Max.

GDPR-removed
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Andreas Fuchs said:

Is xPilot the only plugin of this kind, in your plugins-directory? Is xSquawkbox still there? Better move the XSB-folder to somewhere outside /plugins.

Yup, it's the only one. I have deleted XSB completely.

GDPR-removed
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Andreas Fuchs said:

Is xPilot the only plugin of this kind, in your plugins-directory? Is xSquawkbox still there? Better move the XSB-folder to somewhere outside /plugins.

And Xpilot isn't even a folder in the plugin directory. It's an .exe file.

GDPR-removed
Posted
Posted

Which one do you use? Does that one work good?

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

I use swift, but I suggest you stay with xPilot or xSquawkbox. There's no reason why xPilot will not work on your system.

If your X-Plane does not have any plugin related to xPilot, then something went wrong during the installation. I suggest you shutdown X-Plane, de-install xPilot and install it again. X-Plane must NOT be running when trying to install or update xPilot.

GDPR-removed
Posted
Posted

Ok. Thank you for your help!

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

What is crashing? Is the xPilot client crash or X-Plane crashing? What version of xPilot do you have installed?

If X-Plane is crashing, look in the output/crash_reports folder (inside where X-Plane is installed) for a .dmp and/or .rpt file from the crash. If one or both exists, please upload to a file sharing website, such as Google Drive and share the link here.

If xPilot is crashing, can you look for a GlobalExceptions.txt file in the folder where the xPilot client is installed? By default, it's installed in %localappdata%\xPilot.

Please also upload the X-Plane log.txt file to a file sharing website (like Google Drive) after the crash occurs.

• Like 1

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

GDPR-removed
Posted
Posted

Nevermind, now everything works! I think it was a problem with the CSL.