You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Im new, looking for people to fly with! (FSX SE, vPilot)

William Palgan

William Palgan
Posted
Posted

Hey everyone!! I am a 15 yo. beginner member of Vatsim. I live in Switzerland, which is where i do most of my small flights. I have been flying on the sim for a couple of years now, but online only for 3 Months. Thats why i am looking for people that i could fly with, talk to and hopefully learn something doing it! 🙂 I fly mostly with the Learjet 45 but also A321 and C172. Although i do understand the communication side of the flight sim and i am able to communicate, i still need a lot of training.

Im very happy to be a member of Vatsim and i cant wait to meet somone whos also interessted in the whole subject of aviation and online flying.

All the best, William

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, i also started to fly FPV Drones. I am still learning to fly with my BetaFPV 85x 😉 

Grant Williams
Posted
Posted

Welcome to VATSIM!

I think the best way to learn communications is to hop in a Cessna and fly patterns at a small airport! Once youre more comfortable, a short hop to a bigger airport. The Cessna goes low and slow and helps you not get overwhelmed with things 🙂

Advice: If you dont know, dont be afraid to ask the controller or say you are “unable” to do something. Dont fake it. Use it as a learning experience!

The Virtual USA Flying Club would love to have you on our discord! We do lots of group flights and events! Check us out: 

Virtual USA Flying Club - www.discord.gg/hutMwWR

Vladyslav Smaliychuk
Posted
Posted
On 6/2/2020 at 10:23 PM, William Palgan said:

Hey everyone!! I am a 15 yo. beginner member of Vatsim. I live in Switzerland, which is where i do most of my small flights. I have been flying on the sim for a couple of years now, but online only for 3 Months. Thats why i am looking for people that i could fly with, talk to and hopefully learn something doing it! 🙂 I fly mostly with the Learjet 45 but also A321 and C172. Although i do understand the communication side of the flight sim and i am able to communicate, i still need a lot of training.

Im very happy to be a member of Vatsim and i cant wait to meet somone whos also interessted in the whole subject of aviation and online flying.

All the best, William

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, i also started to fly FPV Drones. I am still learning to fly with my BetaFPV 85x 😉 

Do you fly in the US as well?

William Palgan
Posted
Posted
On 6/7/2020 at 4:24 PM, Vladyslav Smaliychuk said:

Do you fly in the US as well?

No. Until now, i have been only doing flights around Switzerland and 1 or 2 to Germany. I would probably be able to fly in the US, but i would need some time to get the Airports, charts, etc. figured out. Around Switzerland i almost know most of the things by heart. 😉

Vladyslav Smaliychuk
Posted
Posted (edited)

Perfect. Europe always gets a lot of atc. We can have some fun. Do you use discord?

Edited by Vladyslav Smaliychuk

• 2 weeks later...
William Palgan
Posted
Posted

Sorry for late reply.... Yes, i have discord! I would be happy to meet up! 

Vladyslav Smaliychuk
Posted
Posted

Great, my discord is VLADSM28#1329

William Palgan
Posted
Posted

👌I have sent you a Friend request. My username is: oswald3325#3907

• 1 month later...
Alejandro Cuenca
Posted
Posted
On 6/26/2020 at 11:11 AM, William Palgan said:

👌I have sent you a Friend request. My username is: oswald3325#3907

Just sent you a friend request as well !