You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

"Error connecting to voice Server: Connection Failed (Forbidden - )"

• xplane11
  • afs
  • voice
  • server

Luca Abendschein

Luca Abendschein
Posted
Posted

Xpilot.png.37c476a6321ace1befb5221f893f6249.png

Hi!
Im new on VatSim, just downloaded and installed everything today. Everthings seems to be working, but I cant connect to the voice servers
for some reason... Maybe someone could help me / has an Idea! Thanks for your help 😄

Luca 

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Luca, next time please search through the forums before asking. There's a hundred million posts exactly like this one already 😉

In summary: It can take several hours for the servers to synchronize accounts. Even if you are connected to the network you may still get errors connecting to voice, since these two things are different systems.

Edited by Nestor Perez

Me.

• 2 months later...
Leon dalnoki
Posted
Posted (edited)

hi, i just got unbanned from vatsim and when you are newly unbanned, you have to wait before your account gets able to connect to the voice server, but i have been waiting for 3 days and i still get the error, and i need my account because tomorrow im going to visit a simulator and i wnat to use vatsim there but you need your own account, thank you for reply. 

Leon

Edited by Nestor Perez
Merged topics

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Leon, could you try a password reset and let me know if it works? Also, make sure capitalization is exactly as it was sent when you created your account. AFV didn't use to care much about it, but we implemented a change a few days ago and now it does care 🙂

Edited by Nestor Perez

Me.

Leon dalnoki
Posted
Posted

how do you reset your password

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Would you mind trying to connect now? There was a bug in the code and a fix has just been put in place. Cheers.

Me.

Leon dalnoki
Posted
Posted

yup, worked now. thank you

• 11 months later...
Fausto Ciampa
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 8/5/2020 at 2:08 AM, Nestor Perez said:

Hi Leon, could you try a password reset and let me know if it works? Also, make sure capitalization is exactly as it was sent when you created your account. AFV didn't use to care much about it, but we implemented a change a few days ago and now it does care 🙂

Hi! I have the same error and 24h Has passed , I tried to reset the password but noting happend to me, can you please check if everithing is it ok? Thanks ! 😃

Edited by Fausto Ciampa

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Yes, everything is working correctly.  I see that you have since successfully connected after your post.  I trust everything is OK now.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Fausto Ciampa
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Don Desfosse said:

Yes, everything is working correctly.  I see that you have since successfully connected after your post.  I trust everything is OK now.

Hey! I tried but same error! Now I will come back home and retry! Hope for good news!! 

update:

Just Tried... same forbidden error.

any ideas? 

Edited by Fausto Ciampa