You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

No Models Loaded

Bob Klemm

Bob Klemm
Posted
Posted

Ever since I installed the latest version,  32-0.9.4.377  (for FS9), no models show when I start the GUI.  I've used the config tool, after installation, and the mapping tool afterward, and have tried 2 different previous installations to copy from. I've reinstalled the version 3 times. Each time, it shows the model list copied, how many were copied, and it shows each aircraft copied, and correct location of the files. All is saved and good when I start the GUI, only to be told no models were selected.  Any idea what's going on?

Bob Klemm

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hello Bob,

do I understand it correctly that during the installation process, swift does NOT ask you (at the very end of the process) if you want to copy your settings and model set(s) from your previous version?

And: is FS9 definitely connected to swiftGUI through the multiplayer menu of FS9?

Bob Klemm
Posted
Posted

Hello Andreas,

Yes, I copy the setting from the previous version, and that's where it asks to copy, and I do.  The model page goes through the copy routine, asking if I want to overwrite the cache and models, and I select yes. It shows the list and number of models, etc. There is no prompt to copy or save at the end of the process.   I had this issue from the start with this version, including the occasional BSOD, when trying to run the setup. I had reverted to using the previous version until it timed out last week.

screenshot1455.JPG

Bob Klemm

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hello Bob,

just to make sure we are talking about the same thing: I did not mean the Setup Wizzard that you start from within swiftLAUNCHER, but I mean the prompt at the end of the initial-installation process, where it should you ask you whether you would like to copy your settings or not ("yes" or "no").

Now, please start swiftDATA and have a look how many planes you got in your "Active Model Set". If it's empty, then you'll need to populate it from your "Own Model Set", do you know how to do this? If not, you can have a look here: https://youtu.be/LZ05ojUA_yk
The video was made with CSL for X-Plane, but the principle stays the same for FS9 or any other simulator.

I will be away until tomorrow afternoon. I hope you'll be able to sort out this issue and see other pilots/aircraft then!

Bob Klemm
Posted
Posted

The initial installation doesn't ask if I want to save settings. 
I've used swiftDATA several times now. Upon opening, it shows 0 in the Active Set, and 7000+ in stored. I copy the stored to Own Model Set, it then shows the same number as stored, and save it.  Exit the program, open it again, and it's back to 0 in Active.

Bob Klemm

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Thanks for coming back those details. Did you run swift "as administrator"? Maybe this will help. I am back at home now, we could do a screenshare-session for me to have a look what's going on. Do you use Discord?

Bob Klemm
Posted
Posted

I'll try it as administrator again. I don't think I did that using swiftDATA. I'm working now through Monday, so I won't be able to do much until sometime on Tuesday.  Thanks for the help.

Bob Klemm

Mike Lehkamp
Posted
Posted
On 6/6/2020 at 3:42 PM, Bob Klemm said:

I'll try it as administrator again. I don't think I did that using swiftDATA. I'm working now through Monday, so I won't be able to do much until sometime on Tuesday.  Thanks for the help.

Hi Bob. Squawkbox still works with FS9 and you wont have to deal with aircraft hiding in gopher holes on the tarmac. Swift is a great interface but FS9's woes are tabled until other issues with more current platforms are addressed. Maybe they'll address them. Maybe they wont. But for the meantime, Squawkbox, very well written, works very nicely!

Michael

1.jpg

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Yes, Squawkbox works for the time being and is probably the easiest to set up and run. Just make sure you configure it according to the latest research results:

Mike Lehkamp
Posted
Posted (edited)

Glad you posted. This is what I sent you some months ago and posted on Swift's website. Good for you! 😃

Edited by Mike Lehkamp

1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Bob Klemm
Posted
Posted

Okay, sorry for not getting back sooner, but it's been hectic. 

So, I uninstalled/deleted all Swift files from my HD, reinstalled as a first time installation, and all works now.  Thanks for the assistance.  😉

• Thanks 1

Bob Klemm