You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

No mic

Charly DORIDOT

Charly DORIDOT
Posted
Posted

So, I did search for this, but never found an actual fix that worked/the same exact problem.

So a while or so I bought myself a steelseries arctis 1 to go on vatsim. No problem, i'm very happy, works like a charm in any program (discord; online classes, games). I started vatsim, and while the audio just works great, i can't speak. Yes, I've set uo my PTT, tuned input and output source right and checked the volume. I even disabled windows advanced sound settings or whatever it's called, but no difference. I can tune in the frequency, i see the TX light on, but when I talk controllers report only hearing static. mildly infuriating. I have tracked any other program using my mic, tried disabling it but no luck. I'm running the latest version of vpilot as administrator; and this issue of not being able to talk makes thing rather long. Hope you can help me out.

Best regards, Charly.

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted

Some SteelSeries products are known to be problematic with VATSIM. I myself had one that I posted about but it was a couple years ago and the thread has since been deleted. Here is another one.

KntU2Cw.jpg

Charly DORIDOT
Posted
Posted
On 6/4/2020 at 9:54 PM, Dace Nicmane said:

Some SteelSeries products are known to be problematic with VATSIM. I myself had one that I posted about but it was a couple years ago and the thread has since been deleted. Here is another one.

Thanks m8!  it fixed the issue. apparently it was on 48000mhz but cd quality, not dvd. I hope this can help others. Now i'm happily talking to atc 

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted

You're welcome and I'm glad something worked for you. 

KntU2Cw.jpg