You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

CSL Path question and is there a Uninstall Program available for xPilot?

Edward Klein

Edward Klein
Posted
Posted

Like with all the CSL questions before, I am having issues with not seeing aircraft and their labels on Vatsim using xPilot version 1.2.1.0 and Xplane 11.50 beta 9. I am getting full voice with ATC so audio is fine.  I have used  xPilot before in Xplane 11.41 and worked fine. I decided to wait until now to install it for 11.50 beta 9

My first question is Xplane 11.50 b9 compatible with ver. 1.2.1.0 and do I have the correct path for xPilot to see my Bluebird CSL's?   My second question is: does the xPilot program have a uninstall feature that completely removes ALL the files in xPilot ? I have removed and installed your program a few times in troubleshooting my problem and it does not appear to remove all the files.

Attached are two screenshots. One of xPilot CSL Path when first loaded and one of where my CSL's are located on my computer.  Any suggestions are appreciated. 

Thank you for a wonderful product.

Thank you for a wonderful product. Ed

Screenshot (1).png

FJS_732_TwinJet - 2020-06-05 13.16.11.png

Tom Szczypinski
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Edward,

Though I can't answer your second question (I'm guessing you mean that the uninstaller in AppData\Local\xPilot isn't removing all of the files), I believe only the Alpha version (1.3.14 right now) supports X-Plane 11.50 with full functionality. You can download it on the xPilot website, selecting the "Alpha" branch under the download button.

Regarding your CSL paths, they look good to me! Those are how I have mine setup and I have no issues with those. If you're using an older version of xPilot with XP11.50 then you won't be able to see any aircraft other than yourself due to a change of the way that aircraft are injected into the simulator in the new X-Plane version, and the way the older versions of xPilot do this is not supported from XP11.50.

Edited by Tom Szczypinski
Site Link

Tom Szczypinski
VATSIM Primary Operations Inspector
VATSIM VA Audit Manager

3OFjrxm.png

Edward Klein
Posted
Posted

Thank You Tom,

The version I installed was a Beta ver. 1.2.1.0 ………I will uninstall that version and reinstall with Alpha version 1.3.14 and see what happens. With all of xplane and xPilot updates going it is difficult for me to understand which xPilot version goes with  the latest xplane update. I will report back later.

Also, would anybody know if the CSL paths are suppose to be forward slash like the picture above? When I look at the xPilot documents the example they are shown as back slashes. I not sure what I have is correct. If someone could tell me if this okay I would appreciate it.

As always, Thank you

Tom Szczypinski
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Edward Klein said:

Also, would anybody know if the CSL paths are suppose to be forward slash like the picture above?

Just had a look at mine again, and it looks like forward slashes are the way to go.

Tom Szczypinski
VATSIM Primary Operations Inspector
VATSIM VA Audit Manager

3OFjrxm.png

Edward Klein
Posted
Posted

Okay, I have uninstalled Beta ver. 1.2.1.0 and installed Alpha version 1.3.14  I restarted X-Plane and the plugin folder was blank so I entered "Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL" just like in the previous picture above. After reloading xplane I loaded xPilot and got a message warning no CLS's or path. Checking the plugin folder again in xplane I found that all the forward slashes  (/) have been changed to back slashes (\) 

Now I'm not sure what is going on. Perhaps a bug in the Alpha software? Or a bug in my Windows 10 software? 88543265_Screenshot(7).png.a8691a41700e771b8548583c0c8dbeee.png225744931_FJS_732_TwinJet-2020-06-065_51.12AM(2).png.35cc0da97994d33c7f8619a6c3d56225.png Any more help would greatly appreciated. Ed

Screenshot (6).png

FJS_732_TwinJet - 2020-06-05 13.16.11.png

Edward Klein
Posted
Posted

Sorry, the screenshots where loaded in the wrong order creating some confusion.

The order should have been:

1. The Blank Preferences Settings after installing the Alpha version

2. xPilot Settings that I put in with the forward slashes (/)   

3. The error message I received

4. xPilot preferences after xplane was reload with the slashes changed to backward. (\)

Ed

Edward Klein
Posted
Posted

RESOLVED:

I uninstalled xPilot again and reinstalled a new set of CSL's from Bluebell. When I started the xPilot program the paths for the CSL packages was blank. After trying various combinations of "paths" I finally found the correct path for my installation (see attachment).                    Thank You Tom Szczypinski for your help

Screenshot (9).png

William Renner
Posted
Posted

This issue has been driving me crazy.  Xpilot used to work great with my X-Plane 11, then all of a sudden I was unable to connect with the same warning in Xpilot. I downloaded and unzipped the CSL files and then overwrote with the unzipped vertical offset files.

My path is C:\users\Bill\desktop\x-plane 11\resources\plugins\xpilot\resources\csl\

(tried with and without the "slash" at the end of the string.)

This sort of reminds me of the "old" DOS days when one syntax error in a path or command could ruin your whole day!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edward Klein
Posted
Posted

@William

I am not a developer or programmer in any way. I used slide rules in High School BEFORE calculators were even invented. LOL  All I can see from your reply (not having any screenshots) is that caps are very important for it to work. The caps have to be entered exactly as you see it on your file explorer screen. Now what you show in your example may be just that...…... an example. 

May or may not be the problem I don't know. I tried my path with forward and then backward slashes. Look at my first screenshot and study my file path first, then look at the bottom of my last screenshot and that was my final result. I got it to work but for how long I don't know. I still don't know if it works either way.

It used to set the path automatically in the older beta versions. But it didn't have a path with the newer alpha version.

Hope this is some help, if not maybe someone else can help.  Ed

William Renner
Posted
Posted

Ed, Thanks for your reply.  I still have my Post Versalog slide rule from 1963 along with the leather carrying case and the hardbound instruction manual (back when instruction manuals actually provided instructions that could be followed by almost anyone. So I'm probably more of a geezer and geek than are you. Thanks for your guidance.  I finally figured out that I had buried the CSL files under an additional layer of folders for each of the aircraft types. When I copied the files up one layer, xPilot was able to "see" them.  I also had an extra slash after the C drive designation. After some fiddling, I got my USB headset to work again. As often happens, I spent so much time messing with this now I don't have time for even a short flight before the chief flight attendant calls me to dinner!  Thanks again!

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Once you get xPilot working, it's very hands-off, in my experience.  So your tinkering-to-flying ratio should flip the other way soon, hopefully!

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

William Renner
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your video which, along with Ed's posts, helped me along the way.  Ironically, I took a short IFR flight last night and the "controller" went of the air in-mid-flight. He must have a 10:00 pm curfew!  🙂

This whole thing used to work well until someone updated a version of something somewhere.  Then it was back to square one.  Thank goodness for this forum. Otherwise, I would just uninstall xPilot and use the the sim for instrument approach practice.

I'll "see" you on twitch TV.

Bill

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Yeah, I took the one down that was on my personal channel, because enough had changed that I felt my original tutorial had some relevancy issues.  I'm planning to do an updated one sometime in the near future.  VATSIM still has a copy of the original one on their channel, I'm pretty sure -- I guess that's the one you were referring to.  I'm glad it was useful to you!

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png