You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Autofill when using flight plan file site

Logan Serino

Logan Serino
Posted
Posted

When I try to use the flight plan file site for VATSIM, it autofills with an old flight plan automatically. It isn't a password/personal info autofill because the fields don't highlight yellow like when autofilling personal info. I have this behavior on Firefox. If I try filing it on Chrome instead, it won't fill the info, but will just return a generic "error filing flight plan" when I try to file. The only way I'm able to file a flight plan right now is using vPilot, which isn't ideal because I have to download a file every time I want to use a more complex flight plan. Thanks for the help.

Richard Quigley
Posted
Posted

Have you looked at SimBrief.com?

Quig, C3, P1, VATPAC, CZQM (inact), CZQX (ret).

4200+ hrs of "Chaos, Panic & Disorder in your virtual skies!"

0.png

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

I used to pre-file through Firefox. What I did first was fill in only my name, homebase, VATSIM ID and VATSIM password and then try to pre-file a flightplan with this information only. This way these fields will be pre-filled for the future.

Logan Serino
Posted
Posted (edited)

Richard, I usually file through SimBrief, but the old flight plan data gets overwritten over the new plan somehow.

Andreas, I have my browser set up that way too. Unfortunately, this isn't an issue with the autofill in my browser, because the fields filled in with the old flight plan don't highlight yellow like my base, username and password fields do.

Edited by Logan Serino

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Logan,

I just tested it: flightplan loaded in SimBrief, Prefile on VATSIM selected, new browser tab opens with the completed flightplan, including my saved credentials.

When you load this page https://cert.vatsim.net/fp/ you should see the pre-filing page completely empty except for your VATSIM ID and VATSIM password. Is it the case? If not, try to delete the form data.

Logan Serino
Posted
Posted (edited)

Andreas,

When I load that page, an old flight plan shows up automatically, except for the route, communication type, and remarks. Pressing "Clear Form" doesn't remove this data. If I delete the data and enter in a different plan, it doesn't give any confirmation and refreshes, re-filling in the old data. Trying to look up flight plans also gives this old flight plan. I've tried deleting the data and cache on my browser, which doesn't change the sites behavior. I'm going to reinstall my browser now and see if it changes anything.

Edit: it still fills in automatically after a browser reinstall. There is a small period while the site is loading in where I see the form is blank. Is there some sort of functionality in the site that will restore an incomplete flight plan? The plan that is autofilling is one that I filed, but couldn't log in for as something was wrong with the Vatsim servers.

Edited by Logan Serino

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

Logan, see if this article may help at all.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Logan Serino said:

it still fills in automatically after a browser reinstall

Too bad, maybe the support topic that Josh linked will help you. I am sure you will be able to solve this issue, because auto-filling forms should not happen if de-selected.

Grant Meder
Posted
Posted

I have this exact same issue and it's very annoying. Happens whenever I file a plan as Emirates (ICAO UAE).

My Chrome is set to not store/autofill passwords. LastPass doesn't autofill either. 

image.png.f3b1fc8ebb2f7ed54354d006fd0c3ebf.png

image.thumb.png.27fcb2ba111c43abbf0ded0863d4390d.png

You can see in the URL that my prefile SHOULD be for SWR1485. When I load that link, this is what happens...

oy9qaY2.gif

You can see the SWR1485 information show up for half a second before being autofilled by my UAE215 information...somehow. Nothing is set to autofill. I had this issue a looong time ago and I forgot what fixed it. Glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue but what I wonder what the fix is. I've cleared everything on chrome regarding VATSIM and the cert.vatsim URL.

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, Grant Meder said:

I have this exact same issue and it's very annoying. Happens whenever I file a plan as Emirates (ICAO UAE).

What happens if you 1) clear the form 2) delete your cookies 3) erase your autofill 4) try again?

Grant Meder
Posted
Posted

1) Clearing the form just does deletes a few boxes but the same information still shows up. 

image.png.05cd59ce1561caaeddef27a68f6fcd4c.png

2) Cookies were cleared, has no affect

3) As I said, all autofill is off.

4) wat?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1