You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Your simulator has been running at less than 20FPS

David Matichuk

David Matichuk
Posted
Posted

Where do I find this "debug.txt file? Do I need to do something to cause such a file to be generated?

I have my X-Plane graphics settings turned down to the lowest possible setting so I cannot make any alterations to improve performance. I'm running a Core i7-7700 with an NVIDIA 1070 GPU and dual M.2 SSDs so my specs are more than enough to operate a decent frame rate.

Disconnect Time: every few seconds. I don't think I ever get even one full minute of connection, at least not when I'm moving. I can remain connected for quite some time as long as I don't use the throttle or take off the brakes.

Error on client: "Disconnecting from VATSIM because your frame rates have been less than 20fps for more than 30 seconds. Please adjust your X-Plane performance before reconnecting to the network."

Callsign: CGMGC

Client Version: 1.2.10

Internet Speed: 45 Mbps

Provider: MCSNet, Edmonton Alberta Canada

I don't have a zip of this mysterious log file but I copied the log from the client message display:

[00:02:13] xPilot Version 1.2.1.0
[00:02:14] Performing version check...
[00:02:14] Version check complete. You are running the latest beta version.
[00:02:14] Server list successfully downloaded. 9 servers found.
[00:02:14] X-Plane connection established.
[00:02:20] Connecting to network...
[00:02:20] Connected to network
[00:02:20] SERVER: Welcome back to VATSIM! Our new voice technology is now live - if you have any questions or need support visit vats.im/audio for required downloads, instructions and tutorial videos. If you need further support visit the Audio for VATSIM forums at vats.im/afv
[00:02:21] Connected to voice server.
[00:03:08] Disconnected from the network.
[00:03:13] Connecting to network...
[00:03:13] Connected to network
[00:03:13] SERVER: Welcome back to VATSIM! Our new voice technology is now live - if you have any questions or need support visit vats.im/audio for required downloads, instructions and tutorial videos. If you need further support visit the Audio for VATSIM forums at vats.im/afv
[00:03:13] Connected to voice server.
[00:03:39] X-Plane is not running in real-time because your frame rate is less than 20fps. xPilot will automatically disconnect in 20 seconds if this is not corrected.
[00:03:49] X-Plane is not running in real-time because your frame rate is less than 20fps. xPilot will automatically disconnect in 10 seconds if this is not corrected.
[00:03:59] Disconnecting from VATSIM because your frame rates have been less than 20fps for more than 30 seconds. Please adjust your X-Plane performance before reconnecting to the network.
[00:03:59] Disconnected from the network.
[00:04:29] Connecting to network...
[00:04:29] Connected to network
[00:04:29] SERVER: Welcome back to VATSIM! Our new voice technology is now live - if you have any questions or need support visit vats.im/audio for required downloads, instructions and tutorial videos. If you need further support visit the Audio for VATSIM forums at vats.im/afv
[00:04:30] Connected to voice server.
[00:04:53] X-Plane is not running in real-time because your frame rate is less than 20fps. xPilot will automatically disconnect in 20 seconds if this is not corrected.
[00:05:03] X-Plane is not running in real-time because your frame rate is less than 20fps. xPilot will automatically disconnect in 10 seconds if this is not corrected.
[00:05:17] Disconnecting from VATSIM because your frame rates have been less than 20fps for more than 30 seconds. Please adjust your X-Plane performance before reconnecting to the network.
[00:05:17] Disconnected from the network.

Nico Paetzold
Posted
Posted

Whats your X-Plane performance?
What are your XP FPS?

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

This is a feature implemented due to the way X-plane handles information and aircraft handling in low-fps environments. You can read more about it by going to the link below.

https://www.vatsim.net/news/important-information-x-plane-users

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new