You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[SOLVED] Connection Issue

Lenny Colton

Lenny Colton
Posted
Posted (edited)

I started experiencing an issue when connecting to VATSIM, today. Running v3.2a(r22), when I attempted to connect to VATSIM, EuroScope connected, then immediately disconnected (in the fashion it does when attempting to log in with a duplicate callsign or invalid login details). However, the only server message was the standard "Welcome to VATSIM", with no error or other information given. Likewise, EuroScope's internal message box did not contain any information and no errors appeared.

Nothing changed between my last successful connection (EGKK_F_APP, last night) and this one. I initially tried to connect to UK-1, but subsequently tried UK-2, GERMANY-2, and USA-WEST with no luck. However, I have no issues when connecting to Sweatbox, either directly or with the simulator running. I have already tried rebooting, resetting my router, updating to v3.2a(r24) (the latest beta), and a different callsign/profile. I have also checked my login details, rating, callsign, etc. for obvious mistakes but the problem still persists with no obvious cause.

Does anyone have any ideas about what the issue could be and how to fix it?

EDIT: xPilot works as normal, so maybe not a server issue?

Edited by Lenny Colton

Lenny Colton
Posted
Posted

Solved. It turns out that putting a colon in my sector file name wasn't wise. Since the servers use a colon-delimited data format, my sector file was reading as entries (instead of just 1), meaning that the response had 1 too many entries, which caused an error. The server's way of handling that particular error appears to be booting me off without an error message (or maybe there was just an unhandled exception, logged server-side only?)