You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

which client to use

Peter Millar

Peter Millar
Posted
Posted

returning to virtual flying after 9 years, so , which client to use, FSinn or vpilot or both

what are the differences please

hang tough

Pete

Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted (edited)

Welcome back to Vatsim 😉

Both clients essentially do the same thing.    FSInn is no longer supported by the developer as far as I know.   vPilot is well supported by the developer via this forum.    As a former FSInn user myself, there were functions within FSInn that I did like, but I moved over to vPilot some years ago and have no complaints.  It's very straight forward and should work "straight out of the box".

Andrew

Edited by Andrew McCabe
Typo
  • Like 1

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

And if you would like to have those FsInn-functions again, have a look at "swift" pilot-client. Disclaimer: there are some changes going on with the organization of swift at the moment, the project is being moved to GitHub, at least one original developer has withdrawn from the project, but two new developers have entered it.

Nevertheless, I am extremely happy with the client, but you have to be prepared to invest more than 15 minutes to get it installed and setup correctly to enjoy it. We have tutorial videos available to help. If prefer an almost trouble-free installation and a more simplistic (not meant in a negative way) client, then vPilot will be the client of choice for you.

Peter Millar
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am in oceana region, i went with vpilot as i had issues in the past with FSinn.  and yes it was a much easier install.  But i see there is no server link for Australia like in the video so do I use the closest one in Singapore ?

Edited by Peter Millar

hang tough

Pete

marcus holmes
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Peter Millar said:

I am in oceana region, i went with vpilot as i had issues in the past with FSinn.  and yes it was a much easier install.  But i see there is no server link for Australia like in the video so do I use the closest one in Singapore ?

Yes just use the next closest server, which is Singapore.

Edited by marcus holmes

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

(FSX/P3D) vPilot + FLai (for model matching) is the best combo. No tweaking necessary. 

• 2 years later...
Gary Reed
Posted
Posted

How do we access vpilot in sim? I like to fly full screen, no windows box but vpilot does not install in addons that can be opened in sim as xpilot does in xplane for instance, I like the quick tune feature. The way it looks I would have to write down controller frequencies to dial manually. Which I don't mind with GTN or if I had and external hardware radio but mouse tuning is a pain. How is vpilot accessed in sim?

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

This may be of interest to you: 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png