You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xPilot 1.3.15-Alpha Now Available

Justin Shannon

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Version 1.3.15-Alpha of xPilot is now available for download from the web site, or via the automatic update utility built into the pilot client (if you have the "Alpha" update channel selected in the settings).

The following items were changed, added or fixed in this version:

• Added file browser to CSL configuration to easily browse and select the path to the CSL models
  • Aircraft label color options have been reverted to radio buttons
  • Tweak GUI windows so that they are centered on the screen on first load
  • Added close button to tabs in Text Message window
  • X-Plane native map integration has been re-enabled
  • Legacy TCAS hack added for previous X-Plane versions that do not support the new TCAS override
  • Added popup modal if an error occurs while trying to save the xPilot preferences
  • Frame rate detection code moved from client to X-Plane plugin

It is very important that you close X-Plane completely before installing xPilot. Failure to do so will prevent xPilot from being installed correctly.

• Like 1

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Nico Paetzold
Posted
Posted

Is the TCAS now working again in X-Plane 11.50 beta?
Or do we still have to disable TCAs through the menu?

Mateusz Dewudzki
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Nico Paetzold said:

Is the TCAS now working again in X-Plane 11.50 beta?
Or do we still have to disable TCAs through the menu?

I had a crash with TCAS enabled, but tried only once.

spacer.png

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted (edited)

There was nothing broke with the TCAS in the previous version. If X-Plane is crashing from TCAS, then you probably have an incompatible plugin installed. Provide the appropriate log and crash dump files if you think otherwise.

Edited by Justin Shannon

Mateusz Dewudzki
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Justin Shannon said:

There was nothing broke with the TCAS in the previous version. If X-Plane is crashing from TCAS, then you probably have an incompatible plugin installed. Provide the appropriate log and crash dump files if you think otherwise.

Nothing wrong? Explain this from your post for version 1.3.14:

If you're experiencing crashes, try disabling xPilot TCAS. After loading X-Plane (and before connecting to the network), locate the "Disable TCAS" option in the plugin menu (Plugins > xPilot > disable TCAS). Checking this menu item will prevent xPilot from enabling TCAS once connected to the network.

That what I had to do to prevent crashing. Haven't had a single crash until today when reenabled the TCAS. If I get another one I'll get you a log if I won't forget.

spacer.png

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Mateusz Dewudzki said:

Nothing wrong? Explain this from your post for version 1.3.14:

That what I had to do to prevent crashing. Haven't had a single crash until today when reenabled the TCAS. If I get another one I'll get you a log if I won't forget.

The crashes were caused by incompatible plugins. Like I said, if you think otherwise, then upload the appropriate logs!

Nico Paetzold
Posted
Posted

I did two flights today and everything was working fine with the TCAS. Every Vatsim Aircraft was shown correctly.
The only thing you should never do is open the X-Plane Map, this could crash XP!

Marc Sieffert
Posted
Posted

Hi, I have just a short question, how can I change the plane type for my plane, I want to use AIR FRANCE for Europe and MALAYSIA AIRWAYS for Asia... so I want to switch from one to the other depending where I am flying... But I do not find back the entry mask where I selected AIR FRANCE when I set up X-Pilot originally...

Thanks a lot for your support!

Nico Paetzold
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Marc Sieffert said:

Hi, I have just a short question, how can I change the plane type for my plane, I want to use AIR FRANCE for Europe and MALAYSIA AIRWAYS for Asia... so I want to switch from one to the other depending where I am flying... But I do not find back the entry mask where I selected AIR FRANCE when I set up X-Pilot originally...

Thanks a lot for your support!

You simply have to use the Callsing correctly. So AFR123 for Air France and MAS123 for Malasia Airlines. xPilot is automatically selecting the correct airline to be displayed for the controller and other pilots

• Thanks 1

Marc Sieffert
Posted
Posted

Thanks but where to enter this? And whats about plane type B737 / AA320...? I can not find where to enter these two infos...

Neither in Plugin/X Pilot/Preferences when X Plane is open neither in the XPilot communication mask under settings (General/Audio)...

Also regarding the flight plan what is the info to enter under equipment suffix for a Boeing 737 (ZIBO)

Thanks a lot!

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted (edited)

In the standalone portion of xPilot, in a pop-up dialog which appears when you press "Connect" 

And an airliner with full RNAV capability is generally /L

Edited by Robert Shearman Jr
  • Thanks 1

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Marc Sieffert
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi, I have a question regarding CSL planes (with X Pilot and Windows)

I just converted the XCSL files with CSL2XSB.py. All worked fine and I can see nice planes with the latest x pilot.

I have nevertheless one question.

I saw that for Boeing 737-800 there are 3 directories in the CSL main directory.

One called B738, one B738s and one B738w. What is the difference between these 3 directories?

Since my callsign MAS is only in B738w I was wondering if I can only see the liveries from B738 or from all 3 directories...

Thanks for your help -)

Edited by Marc Sieffert

Marco Peters
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi,

Let me start by saying I absolutely love the Xpilot App:-). unfortunately, can't get it to work with xplane vulkan. Had issues with previous alpha v.s. xplane 11 beta versions. stop trying for a while but decided to try again, because I really want to see CSL's which is not possible with XSB, plus I like Xpilot better (better chat functions, flightplan functions etc.)

however, as soon as I connect the App, xplane crashes. See enclosed logs of Xplane. any ideas? I do see a lot of CSL errors. will try a clean install of this.

p.s.: see log below, as i cannot upload txt files (why?😪). 

https://bin.clowd.io/?d7d87e0b5d2781bd#CLm9VrkKcs8CXhoK8vUqVgjZy5D8WH6cJKaQMzvp4gZ4

Edited by Justin Shannon
Moved log to external upload

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Marco Peters said:

Hi,

Let me start by saying I absolutely love the Xpilot App:-). unfortunately, can't get it to work with xplane vulkan. Had issues with previous alpha v.s. xplane 11 beta versions. stop trying for a while but decided to try again, because I really want to see CSL's which is not possible with XSB, plus I like Xpilot better (better chat functions, flightplan functions etc.)

however, as soon as I connect the App, xplane crashes. See enclosed logs of Xplane. any ideas? I do see a lot of CSL errors. will try a clean install of this.

p.s.: see log below, as i cannot upload txt files (why?😪). 

Hi Marco,

Try updating Little Xpconnect to the latest version (1.0.19 as of writing): https://github.com/albar965/littlexpconnect/releases

This version fixes a crash with the new TCAS override API that was introduced in X-Plane 11.50.

• Justin Shannon locked and unpinned this topic