You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Flight Plan Submission Issues

Trevor Hannant

Trevor Hannant
Posted
Posted

Tried to file a flight plan via the pre-file this morning and it (eventually) kept returning a Cloudflare error (note, still getting this some 4-5 hours later).

Filed my flight plan via vPilot instead and no errors returned however I didn't check it.  On reaching ATC control over Russia, I was advised my flight plan was missing.  I tried to refile on several occassions and it still didn't show:

fp1.png.c8ebabc9dfa9d7e0f4859c63e5ef9636.png

fp2.png.df5648259f053f90a700d4a53a57aaff.png

Despite this, the flight plan continued to not show:

vatspy.png.d97fedd7391723599cc79d52829b09a6.png

I then disconnected from the network and tried again to pre-file however I was once again met with a 504 Gateway Error via Cloudflare (Browser and Cloudflare working, cert.vatsim.net returning the error).  

Trevor Hannant

Trevor Hannant
Posted
Posted

Update - I provided the details of my flight plan to the controller covering UWWW_CTR and he filed it via Euroscope, however 10 minutes later I'm still showing as no flight plan on VATSpy...

Trevor Hannant

Trevor Hannant
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just before coming back to check here, I tried removing the portion of the route I'd already completed and the flight plan now shows.  

So it does seem the issue is related to number of characters - which then brings up the question, if it's too long to be submitted, why am I not getting an error to advise it's too long?

EDIT:  Removed some remarks from that field and restored the full route and still working OK so at least my route history is present.

Edited by Trevor Hannant

Trevor Hannant

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Just saw you on Qutescoop with a valid FPL.

And yes, that's the classic one. I may sound like a broken record, but nobody really needs all those FIR-entry times in the RMK-box, because on longhaul flights it may exceed the limit of characters. Normally it should return an error message...

Zwischenablage-1.thumb.jpg.752198bacd991f04b4e71713418125d7.jpg

Alex Amorianos
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, Andreas Fuchs said:

I may sound like a broken record, but nobody really needs all those FIR-entry times in the RMK-box

+1

There is no reason to fill the RMK box with all these unnecessary information which no ATC reads. You can instead write your call sign (if it's not a common one), if you are a new pilot etc.

Just my opinion...

Alex