You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Custom Model Rules

Andrew McCabe

Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted

I'm trying to create a custom model rule for one of the VA's I fly with.   I've read the manual and worked through creating an xml file, but it does not seem to work.   For a recent group flight I ended up pasting the aircraft title into the default model box and that worked, but idealy I would like to create a rule for all our aircraft and liveries.    Couple of questions ....   Do I save the file as an xml file or does it need to be a vmr file ?   Second, the instructions require a "TypeCode".   What line should that be from in the aircraft cfg file ?     

Thanks for the help

Andrew

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

You can save the file with any extension you want, but if you use vmr, it will show up in the list of files when you press the button to add a custom rule set. If you save it with an xml (or any other) extension, you will need to change the list of file types to be "All Files" in the open file dialog:

image.png.807c5c5eb97af395a55b99648b203d9a.png

The TypeCode must match the type code that the other pilot chooses when connecting to VATSIM. It doesn't have to match anything in the aircraft.cfg file. The only thin you need from the aircraft.cfg file when creating custom rules is the title of the specific model you want to use when you encounter another aircraft that matches the callsign prefix and type code for the rule you're creating.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted

Many thanks Ross, I'll give that a try.

Andrew