You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Selection MAS B737 in flight plan

Marc Sieffert

Marc Sieffert
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi, I just up dated my XCLS folder and converted the files with CSL2XSB.py.  Assuming that most of the users are also using this base I was wondering which B737 I should select in the flight plan to make sure that the others see me as B737 from Malaysian Airways.

Could you please let me know which type of B737 (B737,B734,B735,B736,B737;B738...) I should enter in the flight plan to make sure that the others see me as MAS B737.
Thanks so much!!

Edited by Marc Sieffert

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

Hi, this is posted in the wrong category, I will move it as a support topic.

To answer your question, what others see you as is based on THEIR CSL, not yours. It's a combination of your aircraft type and your callsign. But it's up to them, not you. 🙂

Keep in mind, "B737" is not a general way of saying a Boeing 737. "B737" is the ICAO identifier for a Boeing 737-700 aircraft. It takes the first two numbers in "737" (i.e. 73), and then the first digit in the variant type. That means that B737 actually means "Boeing 737-700". In the same manner, a B733 is a Boeing 737-300 aircraft. 🙂

Hope that cleared something up!

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Mike Lehkamp
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Andreas Fuchs said:

Google is your friend.

To some................