You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Navigraph

Anthony Carbott

Anthony Carbott
Posted
Posted

I've not used Navigraph or anything for years. I seem to remember that I used to pay every so often for new charts and Airac cycles. Looking into it again now, it appears the only way to get this is to subscribe to a monthy fee? Is there anything I can use how Navigraph used to be?

Anthony Carbott
Posted
Posted (edited)

I should be able to get up to date charts via NATS. I seem to remember paying outright for some software, maybe it was nDAC which for some reason won't work anymore. Maybe that's why the change.

That navdata you get, is that just the Airac only which we can use to update FS Commander and FMC's etc?

Edited by Anthony Carbott

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted (edited)

There's an installer coming with the AIRACs: https://navigraph.com/products/fmsdata

They support almost all addon formats that you can think of, unfortunately they don't seem to list them on their page.

Edited by Andreas Fuchs

Anthony Carbott
Posted
Posted

So that nDac software I have is no longer/no good? So I should uninstall it and move onto the current way.

Tobias Dammers
Posted
Posted

The new billing system is subscription-only, but you can buy a monthly subscription and cancel it immediately, this will have you pay 1 monthly rate, and you retain access for the full month.

The software is provided as a convenience; you can also download the raw data, but you will have to figure out yourself how to install it and what to download. As a FlightGear user on Linux, this is what I have to do anyway, because navigraph supports neither, but I still get the data and it all works fine.

For charts, you can use the web viewer, which unfortunately only remains accessible while you have an active subscription - but then again, the local VACC's tend to publish fairly decent and up-to-date charts anyway.

23.png

• 2 months later...
Gary Barth
Posted
Posted

I have been using Navigraph for years, and pay a yearly subscription for AIRAC only data. You can also subscribe to their chart service. I use the Navigraph data for FS Commander, PFPX, and Aivlasoft EFB. It also feeds all of my PMDG aircraft.

You can also download their downloader, which will auto-update all of your apps. I was going to drop it until I heard MSFS2020 would still use the old .PLN format, so I can still use FS Commander and PFPX. I just hope these planners will work effortlessly with VATSIM.

-= Gary =-

-= Gary =-

MSFS2020, PMDG 737NGX, 777, Coolsky MD80, and Maddog 80 - Home base: 69N