You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Switching Transponder Modes

Oliver Gruetzmann

Oliver Gruetzmann
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I recently bought the Accusim Beech Bonanza and for more flexibility the RXP GTN750, which includes transponder controls.

RXP has the corresponding Lvars in their manual, so I wrote a small LUA script to switch the old SB-offsets to control the swift transponder from the cockpit by setting the SB offsets.

Now here's the problem: While the offset is being switched just fine, swift only recognizes those changes of the offset after I either send a squawk Ident via the RXP transponder, or switch the state in the swift client once. Before I do one of those, I can switch the rxp transponder on and off, watching the offset change (0 on, 1 off, monitoring via FSUIPC) without any change in swift.

Also, the fsx/sb3packets counter stays at 0 until I use one of those methods, then starts counting when I switch.

Since this works with other addons - is there some kind of initialization necessary for this to be activated?

Oliver Gruetzmann
Posted
Posted

The RXP doesn't set these on its own. Instead it offers variables that other addons can read. To make this work, I used FSUIPC's Lua interface to write to those offsets.

For vPilot this works without any workaround.

Oliver Gruetzmann
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Oliver Gruetzmann said:

For vPilot this works without any workaround.

1 minute ago, Andreas Fuchs said:

Ok, I understand. I need to ask on our Discord support server.

Need to correct myself, vPilot also shows this behaviour (think I had both, vPilot and Swift open, maybe this made it work from the start).

I'll try a workaround and take this over to the FSUIPC forums.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Oliver Gruetzmann said:

I'll try a workaround and take this over to the FSUIPC forums.

Feedback from Klaus, one of the former developers:

https://dev.swift-project.org/w/help/spc/fsuipc/

• FSUIPC support is disabled as default for FSX/P3D and I cannot say if XPDR mode is covered there. But he could enable and try
  • the offsets are supported (above page, see link)

Oliver Gruetzmann
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Andreas Fuchs said:

Feedback from Klaus, one of the former developers:

https://dev.swift-project.org/w/help/spc/fsuipc/

• FSUIPC support is disabled as default for FSX/P3D and I cannot say if XPDR mode is covered there. But he could enable and try
  • the offsets are supported (above page, see link)

I was following this page. Strange thing is, that it starts working after an ident. Also found that finally the SB3 offsets are not listed in FSUIPC anymore.

I'd love to find out where this needs to be written to without FSUIPC, but currently I'm clueless and google seems to be unwilling to point me anywhere useful.