You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

pre-file page seems to pre-populate with a legacy flight. Even after pressing 'Clear Form'

Mikolaj Beresniewicz

Mikolaj Beresniewicz
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Strange issue I am having with the Flight Plan Management (Pre-File) page.

The page seems to automatically populate a flight I pre-filed some time ago. (EPGD - LOWI) CALLSIGN ENT1034.

Even if I select Clear form or Cancel plan.

It will  clear all data for a matter of seconds and then it will automatically pre-populate the fields again with that one and only flight information.

Any thoughts on this and why it may be happening?

waterfox_4QF1hF5fGh.png

Mikolaj Beresniewicz
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 6/28/2020 at 11:24 PM, Andreas Fuchs said:

Could you try another webbrowser?

The same thing happens across all of browsers and that includes browsers that have only been installed today and had no browsing data imported into them. 

Something seems to be caching this data against my username/profile on the website it feels like.

UPDATE:

turns out that lastpass has got the ability to save data from completed forms and pre-file them when you request it to enter username and password.

Solution Found 🙂

Edited by Mikolaj Beresniewicz
found the solution
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
Pete Banham
Posted
Posted
On 7/1/2020 at 3:28 PM, Mikolaj Beresniewicz said:

The same thing happens across all of browsers and that includes browsers that have only been installed today and had no browsing data imported into them. 

Something seems to be caching this data against my username/profile on the website it feels like.

UPDATE:

turns out that lastpass has got the ability to save data from completed forms and pre-file them when you request it to enter username and password.

Solution Found 🙂

Thanks for posting this the same issue has been driving me nuts and lastpass hadn't occurred to me!  Did you find a way to get lastpass to just input your Vatsim password by any change please?  DIsabling autofill for the entry  stops the form auto completing  but it also then doesn't enter to Vatsim password?   Thanks 

Pete Banham
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Pete Banham said:

Thanks for posting this the same issue has been driving me nuts and lastpass hadn't occurred to me!  Did you find a way to get lastpass to just input your Vatsim password by any change please?  DIsabling autofill for the entry  stops the form auto completing  but it also then doesn't enter to Vatsim password?   Thanks 

OK answered my own question! Yes you can.  In  the lastpass entry , click the "edit form fields" button at the bottom the window and delete all but the username and  password fields .  I will just need to remember to decline any offer from Lastpass to update that record! :-)  Thanks again for positing the solution.   

Mikolaj Beresniewicz
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Pete Banham said:

OK answered my own question! Yes you can.  In  the lastpass entry , click the "edit form fields" button at the bottom the window and delete all but the username and  password fields .  I will just need to remember to decline any offer from Lastpass to update that record! 🙂 Thanks again for positing the solution.   

Correct! You will find that it doesn't ever suggest to update the record and if it does it will only do it on one occasion.

Lastpass is quite trick in that it differentiates between passwords and forms and handles them differently.

Good Luck

Edited by Mikolaj Beresniewicz