You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

account suspended

pat ro

pat ro
Posted
Posted

Today i have made a new account on vatsim because my old one was from like 10 years ago and i didnt use my real name then so wanted to make a new account and now i get an information that both my accounts were banned. I am writing this on my old account where i put my name as pat ro instead of patryk. My only intention was to change to my real name. I love flying and i dont do anything bad on vatsim. Is there anyway i can get unbanned at least on my old account?

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

Making a new account is not going to benefit you, it is against the rules and as you've probably noticed, will get you suspended. The proper way to change your name is to open a ticket at membership.vatsim.net.

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

pat ro
Posted
Posted

Now ive noticed but its already too late so i opened a ticket to ask if they can unban my account. I knew you cant have 2 accounts running at the same time but never knew you cant have 2 accounts. 

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

It is written quite clearly in the Code of Conduct, which by creating your account confirm that you have read and understood:

A6 - A member may register for and hold only one VATSIM account.

I'm not sure why your first account was suspended, but making a new one definitely isn't the answer..

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

pat ro
Posted
Posted

But like i said i made an account a few years ago and didnt remember this rule. I just want my new account deleted and i want this one to stay. 

DUPLICATE ID REQUESTED - OTHER ID(S) WERE ACTIVE
MD - Duplicate CID found. We are disabling the CID 1408224 and are keeping in active status the CID 1349906. VATSIM members may hold only one membership account. If you have any questions regarding this process please contact the VATSIM Membership Department at http://membership.vatsim.net

Acording to this an account was stayed activated which was cid 1349906 but i never remember making an account before making this one. So basically my main account and the second one are both banned. I know making a new account wont help but i got banned and now im not making any new account but just trying to get the account back.

pat ro
Posted
Posted

Or actually there is an account 

1349906 Patryk Rog [hidden]@onet.com.pl Inactive (Previously Pilot/Observer - click here to reactivate) 2016-02-15 07:48:01 Europe - Europe (except UK)

The thing is though that this is on my old email that got hacked. I didnt know i had this account until i just looked it up. Should i somehow get this account back and try to activate it?

pat ro
Posted
Posted

How do i update the membership? 

pat ro
Posted
Posted

I opened a ticket to try and get this account back that i am writing on as i didnt know until now i have another vatsim account. But i wont be able to get back the original account as i dont have access to that email anymore as like i said it got hacked. If i knew it wasnt allowed i wouldnt of been making another account. Ill still look through my old laptop to find the password for that original account but i dont think i have it there either as this account was also made on my old laptop and i just then took it onto my pc. 

pat ro
Posted
Posted

I have looked through my old laptop and cant find the password for that account

pat ro
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the help. Hopefully they reply soon as i want go get some flying done 🙂