You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

TWRTrainer!

Gerry Hattendorf 935415

Gerry Hattendorf 935415
Posted
Posted

This looks really cool Ross, thanks! This seems to be a perfect tool for Instructors at individual ARTCC/FIR's as well as the VATUSA academy.

With VRC, and VP of Development, don't know where you find the time! Standing ovation to you Ross!!

Cheers.

Gerry Hattendorf

ZLA Webmaster

VATSIM Supervisor

Andras Kiss 888081
Posted
Posted

Ross what is you product count up to now? Lets just hope you don't on a spur of the moment start charging!

Great job man! I can't wait to start using it, I always thought tower was the hardest thing to use sweatbox for!

(Disclaimer: I know he can't because of Vatsim's policy, no need to tell me)

Andras Kiss

NYARTCC Controller 3, NYARTCC Mentor

NYARTCC [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istant Webmaster

3.png

John Gayford 814699
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross

Sounds like you have come up with another great training tool well done.

Do you know if Chris has been able to find a solution to the heading/tracking problem with ACSIM?

It too is a great training tool such a shame we can't use it in the south pacific

Rgds

John

John Golin
Posted
Posted
Ross what is you product count up to now? Lets just hope you don't on a spur of the moment start charging!

Great job man! I can't wait to start using it, I always thought tower was the hardest thing to use sweatbox for!

(Disclaimer: I know he can't because of Vatsim's policy, no need to tell me)

He can't because of...

Ross - working on VRC, the network issues, and quietly working on this in the background as well.

Simply, Thankyou.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the kind words, guys. It really has been my pleasure. VATSIM is the perfect hobby for me, given my interests in aviation, ATC, and programming. I have just as much fun writing software for VATSIM as I do flying or controlling on the network. The fact that others enjoy the software that I create is icing on the cake.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Mathew Magera 931028
Posted
Posted

I'm getting a runtime error 429... ActiveX cannot create object.

I'm on Windows XP and I tried to download the runtime files but they didn't have a location so I didn't know where to download them to... so I just put them in the Windows/System folder, and still it doesn't work.

Any help?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
I'm getting a runtime error 429... ActiveX cannot create object.

I'm on Windows XP and I tried to download the runtime files but they didn't have a location so I didn't know where to download them to... so I just put them in the Windows/System folder, and still it doesn't work.

Any help?

The runtime download should be an exe that you run, and it installs the necessary files in the appropriate folder. (I believe c:\windows\system32)

Did you try a reboot?

In the future, please create a new thread for things like this.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC