You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Suspended Account

Douglas McCracken

Douglas McCracken
Posted
Posted

Came back from a short hiatus and my account is suspended. Granted, I'm not very active due to computer limitations. I currently am an observer/beginner and while observing I'm trying to learn procedures by listening to ATC and pilots. I've created a support ticket but have not gotten a response. Also, when I first joined VATSIM I never received a response from the membership application. I got approved via individual email exchange with a membership officer that I had to initiate on my own. I'm wondering if the membership process and the support ticket process both have an issue with the format of my email address. The format is [email protected]. The email address works fine otherwise. I have check spam and junk folders. Is there someone that can check up on this?

The attached pic is a SS of the ticket check response. Still no email has been received.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 10.54.30 AM.png

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Douglas,

you probably have duplicate accounts from previous attempts to take part in VATSIM. Only one account/ID per person is permitted and the original VATSIM ID that was issued to you, will remain valid.

• Thanks 1

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

1. You posted here that your support ticket had not gotten a response less than two hours after submitting your ticket.  The Membership team is a small team of volunteers, not a large team of paid staff.  Your ticket was responded to in five hours.  Not bad, considering.

2. There is nothing wrong with that email format.  When your account was disabled, an email was sent explaining why.  Not sure why you didn't receive it.

In any case, the Membership ticket is awaiting your response.

• Thanks 2

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Douglas McCracken
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the response here on the forum. And thanks Don, for your help in my initial application. 

Still haven't received an email from the support ticket. I have checked spam and junk folders. Can someone check that vatsim does in fact have my correct email address? 

Edit: I just checked my forum profile and it appears that the email address is correct. I don't know why I'm not receiving any.

Edited by Douglas McCracken

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Hi Doug,

Not sure why you don't seem to be getting our emails.  In any case, you can check the status of your tickets at membership.vatsim.net      Your current ticket number is 20209537.

• Thanks 1

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Douglas McCracken
Posted
Posted

I finally received an email notification regarding the issue in support ticket 20209537. Hopefully we can resolve this issue promptly. Thanks again Don.

I am not, however, receiving notifications from these forum posts. I must be flying too close to a black hole or sun flares 😉

Mike Lehkamp
Posted
Posted

😃

1.jpg

Douglas McCracken
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Mike Lehkamp said:

😃

Thanks Mike. I did receive the notification for this response. Keeping my fingers crossed for continued success of notifications 

• Thanks 1