You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

P3D Default ATIS sound when turning VATSIM ATIS in P3D v5

Dennis Ratzel

Dennis Ratzel
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys,

since I use P3D v5 I can't hear the VATSIM ATIS without the P3D default one at the same time. To untick the "voice" setting in the P3D sound settings isn't a way to fix it anymore because if I do this also the VATSIM ATIS sound disappears.

Thanks and best regards
Dennis

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

The VATSIM ATIS should not disappear because it comes through a program external to your sim. That is P3D has no control over any of the pilot client audio functions.

Set the volume slider to the lowest setting on the P3D voice before turning it off.

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

• 2 weeks later...
Jay Lawrence
Posted
Posted

I have this issue in FSX as well, and while you can turn off the voice, you can't turn off the text crawl. And because FSX views it as an incoming transmission, it "helpfully" turns down the audio coming from vPilot. 

I started learning to edit airports using Airport Design Editor, but then decided I'd just get FS2020 when it comes out. 

ADE might work for you to edit the AWOS broadcasts out of those "offending" airports. 

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

If you disable the in-game ATC entirely, this shouldn't be an issue.  At least, it never was for me, in the five or so years I used FSX on VATSIM.  I don't know if Steam Edition handles that any differently than the CD-ROM version, but I never had any difficulty with default ATC or ATIS interfering with anything.  Note, if you have Active Sky, that is another possible source of automated ATIS info.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png