You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xPilot 1.3.19-Alpha Now Available

Justin Shannon

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted (edited)

Version 1.3.19-Alpha of xPilot is now available for download from the web site, or via the automatic update utility built into the pilot client (if you have the "Alpha" update channel selected in the settings). This version includes the enhancements that were added in the 1.3.17 version.

The following items were changed, added or fixed in this version:

v1.3.19:

• Fix issue that caused X-Plane to crash when notifying the us that another plugin has acquired AI aircraft first

v1.3.18:

• Fix issue that caused X-Plane CTD with new notification box
  • Add missing command handler for Contact ATC Override

It is very important that you close X-Plane completely before installing xPilot. Failure to do so will prevent xPilot from being installed correctly.

Edited by Justin Shannon
Bumped to 1.3.19

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Marco Peters
Posted
Posted

Is the VR issue fixed in this version, or should I remain at .15?

Charles Hodges
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ok. Found the cause of CTD on my end when enabling TCAS (turning off Disable TCAS).  It was the Reality XP GTN750 GPS plug-in (which has TCAS as well).  Disable that and TCAS in the aircraft works good for me while online.  I guess two TCAS systems don't mesh well together. 

Edited by Charles Hodges

Kin-Shing Dave Tchang
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm using version 1.3.19 with the latest XP11.50 Vulkan beta 14 and tonight I had the issue that it kept causing Xplane to CTD a couple of minutes after connecting to the Vatsim servers. This is the case when there is a lot of traffic nearby (ie at a busy airport). This issue does not seem to occur when there are only 1 or 2 other aircraft nearby. This issue could only be resolved by disabling the Xpilot TCAS. I do not have another TCAS system, nor do I have Reality XP GTN's installed.

I recall reading on the Internet that the add-on Active Sky for XP also had simular issues with the TCAS datarefs. If I remeber correctly X-plane has modified the TCAS datarefs in Vulkan beta. Active Sky has released an update for this issue. Maybe in Xpilot the old TCAS datarefs are still being used, causing the CTD?

Kind regards,

Edited by Kin-Shing Dave Tchang

Dave

Laptop: MSI GT62VR 7RE Dominator Pro i7-7700HQ 2.8 (3.54 turbo) Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM@1200Mhz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB, Windows 10 Home (v 20H2).

XPv11: Orbx & OpenSceneryX Libraries, Ortho4XP, SimHeaven X-Europe, Orbx TE GB South, Swift.

Franz Ruettimann
Posted
Posted

Hi there,

I'm having the problem that since the last update to 1.3.19 i have no TCAS appearing on the ND of Flight Factor's A320 anymore. It works for the ZIBO and for the FF757/767 but not for the FF320 anymore. Sadly i didn't find a way to roll back to the previous Alpha. Would be great if you could take a look into this issue. Thanks very much for your great contribution.

Kind regards,
F.

Tom Rogers
Posted
Posted

Do either of you have Active Sky? I had a frequent CTD issue which I felt was xpilot. I did some digging and found that Active Sky had released a beta update which fixed a CTD error that related to TCAS. I updated to the beta (which has since become a full update) and I have had no issues since. I am running version 1.3.17 of Xpilot.

Kin-Shing Dave Tchang
Posted
Posted

Hi Tom,

In my case both Xpilot and Active Sky are the latest versions. Like I said in my previous post I resolved the problem by deactivating the Xpilot TCAS. I also heard that the latest version of Active Sky had fixed the problems related of old TCAS datarefs being referenced in Xplane. That's why I was wondering if this was not a simular issue that Xpilot is facing?

Kind regards,

Dave

Laptop: MSI GT62VR 7RE Dominator Pro i7-7700HQ 2.8 (3.54 turbo) Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM@1200Mhz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB, Windows 10 Home (v 20H2).

XPv11: Orbx & OpenSceneryX Libraries, Ortho4XP, SimHeaven X-Europe, Orbx TE GB South, Swift.

Kin-Shing Dave Tchang
Posted
Posted

Just an update to my last message. After getting a very usefull tip from one of the members on the xPilot discord support channel, it turned out that LittleNavMap, or more specifically the plugin LittleXPConnect that is used with it, was the culprit. There is an update of this plugin available at https://github.com/albar965/littlexpconnect/releases which resolves this issue.

Kind regards,

Dave

Craig Deitch
Posted
Posted

Minor 1.3.19 bug - in VR the backspace button doesn’t work on the virtual keyboard. It didn’t in at least one previous version as well, I need to use the keyboard to delete a character.

• Justin Shannon unpinned and locked this topic